Requisition ID: 2xxxx5
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Vocational
Employment Type: Intern
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
You're driven. You're ambitious. You embrace technology and love working with others to solve complex problems. You know you want to make the most of every opportunity in life and that includes now - while you are studying.
Welcome to (COMPANY NAME)'s STAR Program. Our globally supported work integrated learning program provides students studying Business or IT related degrees, real-world experience at (COMPANY NAME), complementing tertiary studies by both guiding and preparing them for a future career. STAR is a paid rotational training program designed to help students jump start their careers at (COMPANY NAME).
As a STAR Program participant, you will have the opportunity to:
* Rotate across several (COMPANY NAME) business areas within our organisation
* Receive on-the-job and structured development and coaching from our Managers and leaders
* Work full-time during school breaks and part-time during the academic year - or full time over a semester to gain course credit (please refer to our website for eligibility requirements)
* Gain hands-on practical experience in today's fast-paced technology industry.
At the end of the program, participants may have the opportunity to secure a position within our globally recognised (COMPANY NAME) Academy, or to be considered for other graduate opportunities within the business.
Aren't sure about a career in Sales?
A career in Sales is much more varied and challenging than you may think.
Our Account Managers and Sales teams are trusted advisors to their clients, engaging in a meaningful way to deliver sustainable solutions to some of business' biggest challenges.
A career in Sales with (COMPANY NAME) will expose you to cutting-edge software and technology and give you the opportunity to work with global clients across industries and geographies. And the rewards are big for those with ambition.
(COMPANY NAME) STAR Program participants will:
* Undertake paid work while completing undergraduate studies (please see our website for eligibility requirements)
* Undertake orientation, structured and unstructured learning, mentoring and networking across the duration of the program
* Participate in rotations within our business and be exposed to global clients and cutting-edge technologies
* Have an opportunity to be involved in innovative, client-focused projects
* At the end of the program, you may have the opportunity to secure a position within our globally recognised (COMPANY NAME) Academy, or to be considered for other graduate opportunities within the business.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
STAR Program candidates will be:
* Currently in enrolled in an approved degree ( preferably Technology or Business related), according to program requirements (Please refer to the website for details)
* Interested in pursuing a career in sales and technology
* Be able to commit to the requirements of the program according to the information contained on our website
* Interested in technology and how digital platforms can solve business challenges
* Be driven, ambitious and passionate about finding solutions to complex business problems
* Adaptable, proactive, and willing to learn
* Collaborative and team-oriented
* Excellent communicators in English (additional languages a plus)
* Participation in extracurricular activities desirable
* Based fulltime in Canberra