(COMPANY NAME) is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
We have the world's leading international finance practice and act on many of the financial markets' ground-breaking deals. We have become trusted advisers to the corporations and financial institutions that define the global markets.
Our Global Asset Finance Group is a market-leading practice with an excellent industry reputation. We are uniformly ranked as a Tier One firm within the Asset Finance: Aviation industry by both Chambers and Legal 500, and have an extensive history of advising on award-winning and ground-breaking transactions across asset finance sectors.
We believe the strength of our practice comes from our emphasis on team spirit. The London team comprises 5 Partners, 30 Associates and 11 Trainees.
The Asset finance practice group provides advice in relation to all major types of financing for big ticket assets including:
Our core business is to structure, document and negotiate innovative transactions combining different sources of financing including secured lending, tax and operating leasing, export credit finance, PPP/PFI and Islamic finance. We are a sector focused team working with other areas of the firm on deals in the broader asset finance and transportation sectors (including capital markets, M&A, restructuring, repossession and disputes).
Clients in this area include banks, institutional investors and other non-bank funders, leasing companies, airlines, shipping companies, rolling stock companies, manufacturers and export credit agencies. The London team acts for banks and borrowers, and across all asset classes, allowing lawyers within the group to gain a wide variety of experience.
* Airline Economics - Overall Deal of the Year, Capital Markets Deal of the Year, European Supported Finance Deal of the Year, Americas M&A Deal of the Year
* AirFinance Journal Awards - Overall Deal of the Year, M&A Deal of the Year, Bank Loan Deal of the Year and Editors' Deal of the Year
* Global Transport Finance - Aircraft Finance AFIC Deal of the Year, Aircraft Lessor Private Placement Deal of the Year and Aircraft Lessor Debt Deal of the Year
* Airline Economics - Law Firm of the Year, Overall Deal of the Year, Capital Markets Deal of the Year, Supported Finance Deal of the Year and Editor's Deal of the Year
* Ishka - Best Capital Markets Deal, Best Leasing Deal, Most Innovative Deal.
The asset finance group in London is part of a much wider network of outstanding asset finance lawyers. The worldwide asset finance practice has active teams in Hong Kong, Japan, Germany, USA, UAE, The Netherlands, China, Russia, France and Singapore.
Our lawyers are positively encouraged to join teams in other offices as part of full-length secondments. Secondments to Hong Kong, Singapore and New York are regularly embarked upon by our lawyers for periods up to two years.
As part of our asset finance practice you will provide advice to clients in relation to all major types of financing for big ticket assets including: Aircraft; Maritime; Rail; Infrastructure and Defence Assets.
You will work as part of a team in helping to structure and implement innovative products combining different sources of financing, including secured lending, tax and operating leasing, export credit finance, PPP/PFI and Islamic finance.
You will also work with other areas of the firm on deals in the broader asset finance and transportation sectors (including capital markets, M&A, restructuring, repossession and disputes).
Although preferred, previous experience in asset finance is not essential. You will need outstanding academics, excellent finance experience from a well-respected firm and be able to show a real desire to focus in this area.
As well as recruiting from City and National firms, we also welcome applications from lawyers outside of the UK.
There is much interaction between the London team and teams based in our international offices. As a result, fluency in other languages would be a plus, although this is not essential for the role.
Your remit will be to:
* Have responsibility for drafting legal documents clearly and concisely.
* Create solutions using your legal knowledge, applying effective research techniques.
* Challenge and test advice against legal compliance and risks.
* Be proactive to pursue and expand legal knowledge to ensure legal knowledge and technical expertise up to date.
* Utilise client focus initiatives in terms of driving understanding and monitoring service levels of their individual client needs.
* Engage with knowledge resources effectively and collaborate in knowledge initiatives for the Firm.
* Manage matters with a disciplined practice - comprising of timely timesheet submission, adhering to matter opening and conflicts clearance processes.
* Adopt best delivery tools: e.g. templates, Legal Support Centre, Resource Management, Legal Project Managers, Matter Balance Reports.
* Manage your self-development - ensure annual completion of mandatory and relevant skills, risk and legal training.
* Take full participation in the annual appraisal process
In order to provide outstanding client service, we need to understand, anticipate and fulfil the unique needs and expectations of each client. We call this "Client Focus" and to help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit lawyers who not only have the very highest level of technical skills but are also Client Focused.
We are looking for lawyers who:
- can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to learn about our clients' business;
- can work in teams, sharing knowledge and motivating and coaching their juniors and contributing to overall success;
- are empathetic, responsive and reliable;
- are commercial and innovative in the solutions they deliver to clients;
- are good at fostering relationships with clients;
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.
Opening Date: 6th February 2020
Closing Date: 7th March 2020