Description of the Business Line or Department
Within Societe Generale Global Banking and Investment Solutions (GBIS) division, Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) provides institutional clients, brokers and retail clients with a comprehensive range of securities services across all asset classes.
Within the Commercial Team, the Global Sales Facilitation function works closely to the Sales and Relationship Managers team to provide support on their commercial efforts.
SGSS in the UK is a growing division - a very dynamic place - where the candidate will be exposed to a numbers of different topics, which ultimately will allow her/him to develop multiple sales related skills, including a bigger knowledge of the Investment Banking and Securities Services industry and the different markets SGSS operates in.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Reporting to the local Head of Global Sales Facilitation UK & Emerging Markets, the candidate will support sales forces in their commercial activities for clients based in the UK and international clients for activities in the Emerging Markets.
The trainee will act as a relay for SGSS Commercial departments in deploying transversal initiatives aimed at strengthening SGSS sales efficiency.
Via frequent and relevant analysis, the trainee will shed light on commercial performance and support it.
Summary of responsibilities
Work closely with the Coverage team to support the Head of GSF UK in the response process on RFI/RFP for all deals for COV UK. Responsibilities include;
· Completion of RFP responses, to include;
o Co-ordination with colleagues working on contributions for the RFP
o Ensuring any confidentiality provisions are met and understood
o Participation in governance calls and status updates for the deal team
o Creation of retro-planning for the bid and communication of deadlines
o Help to identify potential issues and to develop solutions in coordination with COV/ENG teams
o Identify the Subject Matter Experts and help to allocate specific questions to each
o Complete answers for standard questions where possible
o Manage updates to response library based on new answers from the deal
o Review responses and seek clarification where needed (including translation reviews)
o Prepare supporting materials for follow up with the prospect/consultant, such as question clarification
o Capture feedback from proof-reading committees and make updates required
o Creation of briefing documents for senior management (e.g. required for deal sign-off)
o Production of final response documents in time for delivery to client by required deadline
o Help to prepare deal team for any subsequent presentations, workshops, due diligence etc.
o Assist with transition to onboarding team for successful deals, including; briefing on the deal, communication of any remaining issues and ensure continuity of documentation (e.g. Deal Flow).
· Co-ordination and preparation of commercial presentations for client meetings
· Co-ordination and population of answers to Due Diligence questionnaires
· Support the local Account Planning exercise (annual reviews of coverage action plans for SGSS Top 100 Clients and Prospects)
· Support continuous process improvement for GSF (e.g. greater use of digital tools)
· Follow-up upon the commercial activity deriving from marketing campaigns
· Produce MIS for key indicators for management meetings (e.g. UK ExCO, UK Deal Review etc.)
· Review of data input quality by the sales teams in the CRM system and Deal Flow
· Preparation for Mid-year and Year-end Sales review meetings to track calling progress
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The candidate needs to be able to work independently and make her/his own decisions where required and appropriate. Throughout all activities the individual should be aware of involved risks and comply with respective rules. Being able to work independently, but also to ask questions and to express opinions in a clear and logical way is a relevant skill for this job
- Excellent English written and oral skills required (or ability to reach quickly such level).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel - including Pivot tables - , Word)
- Good people and communication skills
- Team spirit and ability to work in team
- Orientation to high quality results and to respect the given deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time
- Problem solving skills
- Skills in sales methods and marketing
- An understanding of Securities Services activities is preferred, though not a prerequisite
- Degree or equivalent in Business Management required
- Masters or equivalent ideal.
- Work experience, ideally in sales, management of sales force, customer relationship or IT / CRM platforms, and/or project management
- Sales acumen