Apprenticeship - Customer Services - End Point Assessor 2020
Closing date: 31 March 2020 at midday
Overview of the independent end-point assessor role:
Government has introduced a requirement that all apprenticeships contain an end-point assessment (EPA) which is a holistic assessment of the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour (KSBs) that have been learnt throughout the apprenticeship. This is to make sure that apprentices meet the rigorous standard set by employers and are fully competent in the relevant occupation. (COMPANY NAME) must provide employers with the confidence that completing an apprenticeship means an individual is fully job-ready and that all apprentices, following the same standard, are assessed consistently, regardless of where they are undertaking their apprenticeship or who they are doing it with.
An independent EPA means that those making a decision on the competency of the apprentice have nothing to gain from the outcome of the assessment. To maintain independence within the scope of this EPA, an independent end-point assessor can only undertake end-point assessments of apprentices, with whom they have no conflict of interest. This means he/she must be independent of the registered apprenticeship training provider at which the apprentice completed their on-programme element, and must not have been involved in the on-programme training, assessment, or line management of such apprentices.
The end-point assessments will be conducted onsite, on dates agreed with employers. Independent end-point assessors will record and submit the EPA outcomes, with clear justifications for the grading decisions. EPA activities will be quality assured by (COMPANY NAME) quality assurance representatives. Independent end-point assessors will be trained, standardised and approved to operate as independent end-point assessors. The independent end-point assessors will undertake EPAs in line with the associated apprenticeship assessment plan, and the materials provided by (COMPANY NAME).
The independent end-point assessor will:
* Take part in regular training and standardisation activities, associated with the role of independent end-point assessor for this EPA
* Maintain and provide evidence of ongoing, relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
* Assess the performance of candidates in accordance with published assessment and grading criteria and procedures, ensuring overall standards are maintained
* Follow the protocols set out in (COMPANY NAME)'s specifications, assessment materials and quality assurance protocols, relating to the EPAs
* Maintain service-level agreements with regards to responding to EPA planning, operational activities, reports and submissions of assessment outcomes
* Report all risks and issues encountered during the end-point assessment to (COMPANY NAME), including any suspected malpractice/maladministration
* Ensure all EPA reports and assessment evidence are high quality and recorded accurately
* Support (COMPANY NAME), if necessary, with any appeals from apprentices, regarding assessment decisions
* Arrange and travel to EPA appointments
* Raise any conflicts of interest, including in relation to the independence of assessment
* Ensure that any personal actions are completed, as required by (COMPANY NAME)
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of (COMPANY NAME)'s end-point assessment activities
* Contribute to the external quality assurance activities undertaken by Ofqual
Background and Experience (essential):
* Evidence of assessing staff or learner competence, at the level or above of the EPA
* Hold or be working towards an assessor qualification (e.g. A1, TAQA etc)
* Experience of leading meetings/structured interviews/discussions
* Current experience of working within a front line role related to delivering service related functions directly to customers (for a minimum of two years)
* Current experience of working within a customer service role in a range of settings/environments (for a minimum of two years)
* Evidence of commitment to maintaining CPD, in line with the EPA specialism
* Experience of complying with quality assurance/regulatory requirements
Once you have submitted your application, please send your CV, CPD and relevant certificates to email@example.com.
About (COMPANY NAME)
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses