Training Delivery Manager
Company:BDUKL - United Kingdom
Location:GBR - Middle Wallop, UK
Job Description Summary:The job requires appropriate regulatory and/or customer certification and/or licensing with appropriate endorsements, compliant with local country aviation regulatory requirements. Manages a team of simulator-flight and ground school instructors to deliver training design and simulator operation/training compliant with company standards and civil or military in-country/international aviation regulatory requirements. Conducts evaluations and assessments of pilots undergoing training in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards. Ensures simulator flight instructors meet relevant regulatory, company and customer requirements and standards. Manages the delivery of simulator flight instruction strategies and programs across all locations within assigned responsibility. Develops operational plans aligned to the training business objectives. Assists in the development of the operational budget. Manages the deployment of operational resources to meet training delivery plan. Provides advice, guidance and oversight to senior business leaders, managers, and customers on achievement of operational delivery objectives and evaluation and accreditation of the trainees. Ensures that all training materials are up to date and reflect best industry practice. Briefs senior management on relevant changes to regulatory issues that impact courseware and/or training methodologies. Responsible for discussion/negotiations with customers and relevant regulatory agencies. Manages, develops and motivates employees. Ensures full compliance with local regulatory requirements and company policies.
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
(COMPANY NAME) Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the (COMPANY NAME) Company and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services. As the company grows we have a need to expand our current Training Capability in the Fixed Wing domain. This is an exciting time to join a growing team of training experts.
The Training Delivery Manager will be based at the Apache Training Centre Middle Wallop. Some travel will be required to support the Training Service Capability management meetings across other BDUK sites, but this will not form a significant part of the role.
* Manages, develops and motivates the Apache team delivering the Training Service and performing business support activities at Middle Wallop and Wattisham
* Executes the Training Service in accordance with the delivery schedule, and relevant process and policy
* Leads the team in the prevention and resolution of complex problems
* Implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
* Make sure adequate resources are in place to deliver the contracted commitments
* Develops and maintains strong relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
* Makes sure that Customer satisfaction levels are measured and met
* Manages the increase of the team resources to deliver the Apache Training Service
* Manages the performance of the training service against the contracted performance factors
* Leads Continuous Improvement of the Training Service best practices
* Supports bid preparation and subsequent negotiations
What We're Looking for:
* Relevant Business degree is preferred or demonstrable experience in a similar management role within a military or commercial aviation environment
* Experience in a training delivery role
* Experience in managing high performing teams
* Sound knowledge of the UK MoD's acquisition processes policies, procedures and practices
* Detailed knowledge of the Apache aircraft is desirable but not essential
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. (COMPANY NAME) WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of (COMPANY NAME) U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Experience Level:Manager - K
Job Code:GMGXMK (G3Z)