Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in our work with the UN organisations in Rome and the Holy See?
A traineeship of 6 months within the UN Section & Holy See Section of the EU Delegation to Rome, Italy, starting in November 2021.
The delegation in Rome focusses in large part on the UN agencies based in Rome (FAO, WFP, IFAD), all focussing on food, agriculture and rural development within their respective mandates. The team in the UN section is responsible for the regular contacts with these organisations, participation in intergovernmental meetings, the membership as well as forms the link between HQ in Brussels and the UN agencies in Rome. The small Holy See team is responsible for promoting EU interests in relation to the Holy See, maintain regular contacts with counterparts in the Holy See, the Vatican, and other Embassies accredited to the Holy See. The delegation is the link between HQ and the Holy See.
* Preparing for, attending and reporting on meetings, briefings, symposia and conferences at FAO,WFP, IFAD and Committee on World Food Security (CFS), the Holy See and pontifical academies as well as EU-meetings.
* Preparation of briefings and briefing dossiers
* Drafting of reports of meetings, briefings, symposia and conferences
* Drafting of analytical reports on specific issues or themes in relation to the work of the EU Delegation
* Support the EU Delegation in the organisation of meetings and (side-) events
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
* Recent Master's Degree in the field of political sciences, international relations or development studies, with a shown interest in the areas the delegation works on.
* Fluent in English and at least one other EU language.
* Good writing skills
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Dxxxxxxxxxemail@example.com and send the following documents:
* A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
* (CVs in other format will not be considered)
* a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
* and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Name of the Section.
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 - Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.
* San Marino
* Vatican City and the Holy See
* UN Rome
* Order of Malta
|Quelle:||Website des Unternehmens|
|Datum:||23 Jul 2021|
|Bereich:||Regierung / NGO|