(COMPANY NAME) G.&R. Fratelli wants to recruit a student or fresh graduate for a 6-month internship in the Parma HQ (Italy) within the Global Center of expertise and Development Pasta and Ready Meals Unit.
Starting your career at (COMPANY NAME) can give you the opportunity to develop your talent in a multicultural environment and work with professional teams in a global company. We are looking for students who want bring our Company always forward and to face the challenges of the next years. Are you ready to join (COMPANY NAME) and grow with us?
COE&D Better for You Pasta and Ready Meal team focuses on the design and development of new products, as well as renovation and continuous improvement of the current portfolio, at Global level.
It implies continuous interactions and networking within the Research, Development and Quality (RDQ) organization, as well as with the other company departments (e.g. Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance) and external project partners, producers and suppliers.
The internship is focused on the Better for You Pasta. The objective is to find and apply gluten free raw materials in order to study the relationship between ingredients and pasta performance, and to improve and extend the current portfolio of Better for You pasta.
The intern collaborates with all the technicians at Pilot Plant level, with the other RDQ units (Quality & Food Safety, Process Development & Industrialization, Agronomy, Nutrition, Laboratory) and the other departments (Marketing, Supply Chain), plus external contacts (e.g. suppliers).
- contribute to increase the knowledge on gluten free ingredients and pasta
- propose new solutions to achieve better performance
- run development test reliably, collect measures and KPI's, interpret them to progress further and propose next steps
- scout new ingredients and technical solutions
- design new formulas
- organize and carry out technical trials in the pilot plant
- manage tasting session
- manage the trails and testing session reporting
- Master's degree in Food Science and Technology or equivalent.
- Preferable study/work experience abroad
- Welcome any experience at any level in the food world/industry
- Preferred knowledge in pasta and/or cereals and/or legumes sector and/or gluten-free.
- Availability/possibility to travel to (COMPANY NAME) plants (driving license required)
- Good attitude/ability to build good relationship with very different people
- Disruptive and innovative thinking
- Problem solving
- Consumer and business sense
- Positive attitude towards challenges
- Italian is required to work with technicians
- English fluent, both spoken and written.
- Food passion at any level or in any form (i.e. cooking - tasting - etc)
- Location: Parma (Italy)
- Duration: 6 months
- Starting date: May