Mission: The Fund Accountant Intern makes sure that all NAV and Reporting are delivered to the client in good quality and in the agreed timeframe.
Tasks and responsibilities:
* Is responsible for the recording of all operations in the accounting system, including the number of shares in issue after receiving operations from the Transfer Agent and any related equalization; the portfolio by integrating sell and purchase orders; the accruals in relation to income and expenses; the Cash accounts by integrating operations received from the counterparties.
Net Asset Value production and control
* Initiates the process of accounting and NAV calculation;
* Ensures the reconciliation is made between Asset Management and Accounting counterparts;
* Proceeds to calculate the NAV following all relevant procedures and checklists.
Reporting and periodic duties * Initiates the periodic valuations process and generates the reporting, both regulatory and client specific
* Strong Accounting background and ability to apply this on a daily basis;
* Good knowledge of the particularities of the alternative Investment industry;
* Good knowledge of Luxembourg legal environment and regulations;
* Good command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
* Good knowledge of English and French or German;
* Organisation and rigor;
* Autonomy and proactivity;
* Ability to work under pressure;
* Team spirit;
* Detail orientation;
* Position not subject to MIF II.
Duration: 4-6 months minimum; full-time Internship;
Desired starting date: February 2020;
Internship agreement needed