Internship: Group Strategy (Suitable for thesis)
Type: Internship. Suitable for Thesis
Length: 6 months (or longer)
Time: 40 hours/week
Expected Start Date: October/November 2020
Our ambition is to become a global leader in health technology. To achieve this, we need a clear strategy to provide direction for strategic decisions, operational planning and day-to-day priorities in our business and markets.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Assist the businesses, markets and solution spaces in the strategic planning process, strategy execution and analysis.
The position provides a unique opportunity to experience Group Strategy in a very experienced strategy team, with a global scope. You will have to cope with high pressure, working with big teams and operating independently. Responsibilities rapidly increase for those who perform well.
You are responsible for
* Support in driving the annual Philips Strategic Planning process enabling timely updates of high quality, meaningful, fact-based Strategic Plans of Record for Philips businesses, markets and functions.
* Assist in ensuring an end-to-end connection between businesses, markets, functions, strategists and execution teams (M&A, Alliances, etc.) by implementing a systematic and lean approach to ensure consistent and impactful execution;
* Contribute to an integrated inorganic E2E process, including database management and reporting
* Analyzing strategy execution dashboards and defining impact for planning and resource allocation
* Assist in deep-dive strategy projects
* Support in non-project related activities that make the team a high performing
You are a part of
The Strategy team works together with Philips Businesses, Markets and other functional teams on high impact projects with a mandate from the Philips Executive Committee and senior leaders. This is a central team that drives deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership for the company.
The Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies, based out of Amsterdam, Boston, Singapore and Shanghai. The Strategy team is a talent pool for future Philips leaders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* A University Master student with an excellent academic track record (e.g. Business Administration, Economics, Science and Engineering)
* A genuine interest in strategy and execution
* Highly analytical mindset and a strong professional drive
* Strong and open-minded team player who can work with various nationalities and cultures
* Neat PowerPoint skills and affinity with applications and tooling
* Fluency in written/spoken English (Dutch is not required)
* Relevant internship experience is preferred
In return, we offer you
On top of a competitive internship compensation, Group Strategy provides you a unique opportunity to experience Philips from a strategic, broad and diverse corporate perspective. Furthermore, you may participate in the trainings and knowledge sharing sessions, as well as social activities of the team.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)