Internship: Commercial Policy & Pricing (Thesis Possible)
Starting Date: We prefer the intern to start asap but latest January 2021.
Duration: 6-12 months
In this role, you have the opportunity to
to work with colleagues from across the globe on executing our commercial strategy within the heart of Philips' commercial organization.
You are responsible for
* First point of contact for all distribution strategy related requests
* Maintenance of database containing all signed distribution contracts
* Making test purchases at retailers across Europe to check compliance
* Arranging "mystery shopper" visits to retailers via our 3rd party agency
* Managing the execution of online website compliance checks via our 3rd party agency
* Reporting out to all European stakeholders on your findings
* Following up with the Commercial Policy officers in the markets on identified distribution contract breaches
You are a part of
The Philips Commercial Policy team, which is responsible for driving Philips' Commercial strategy across the world; a diverse team consisting of many nationalities, working from our Global Headquarters in Amsterdam (next to Amsterdam Amstel station).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Studying towards a Master Degree in Data Science, Information Management, Econometrics, Finance or related study with a business sense and interest;
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
* Effective stakeholder management/ communication;
* MS Office skills (Excel), Data analytics experience, SQL nice to have;
* Solid understanding of e-commerce;
* Able to manage multiple projects at a time;
* Previous internship experience within a multinational environment is an added value;
* Fluency in English.
In return, we offer you
* Gain in-depth knowledge on the Consumer Electronics market and its retailers
* Deep insights in to developing a solid distribution strategy, go-to-market strategy and pricing model
* A chance to greatly improve your stakeholder management/influencing skills
* The possibility to combine your thesis
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)