This profile is for the sole purpose of the Internship Programme of the (COMPANY NAME) Conference for Trade and Development in Geneva. There should be no expectation of employment within the UN after an internship. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions at the professional level and above carrying international recruitment status in the Secretariat for a period of six months following the end of their internship. The Internship Programme is unpaid and full-time, i.e. an intern is expected to work five days per week eight hours per day.
Under Covid 19 circumstances, this internship position is offered under the remote modality of teleworking. To work remotely the applicant shall have full access to a computer with a modern browser in which to run the latest version of Office 365 applications that will allow him/her to perform the tasks within the scope of the internship. The computer must have basic IT security best practices implemented. At a minimum, the applicant should have:
* Installed in his/her computer the latest version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, software and security updates as soon as they are issued.
* Enabled the built-in software firewall that comes with the operating software of the computer.
* Be able to use the password manager enabling the creation of strong passwords and to secure access to all UNCTAD/UN/related resources.
The internship will be in the Office of the Director of UNCTAD's Division on Investment and Enterprise.
The period of this internship will be for two months, starting as soon as possible.
As part of the activities conducted by the Division on Investment and Enterprise (DIAE) towards the upcoming World Investment Forum 2021, DIAE will produce a number of publications, flyers and marketing related printed and online material and designs.
The Division is looking for a creative and dynamic person to join the team as an Intern in Graphic Design. Under the supervision of the Chief, Office of the Director, the intern's tasks will include:
* Applies graphic design and digital art skills to develop visually engaging and effective multi-media communications collaterals. This would include, but is not limited to, visual content for social media, reports, presentations and printed materials, e.g. infographics, videos, powerpoint decks.
* Assists with desktop publishing to produce a variety of printed material and publications, using relevant computer systems and software applications.
* Assists in the layout and preparation of information materials.
* Creates visual templates, infographics, animations and other graphic design elements.
* Assists in design assignments, including high priority requests, for a variety of the Division's activities.
* Prepares a variety of presentations, tables, lists, charts, data sets, and/or diagrams for information.
* Supports production and design of audiovisual multimedia content.
* Prepares posts for social media platforms.
More generally, interns shall:
1. Observe all applicable rules, regulations, instructions, procedures and directives of the Organization notwithstanding their status as described in section 4 of the UN Internship Programme Administrative Instructions ST/AI/2000/9 & ST/AI/2005/11;
2. Provide the receiving departments/offices with a copy of all materials prepared by them during the internship. The UN shall be entitled to all property rights, including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trademarks, with regard to material which bears a direct relation to or is made in consequence of, the services provided under the internship. At the request of the UN, the interns shall assist in securing such property rights and transferring them to the UN in compliance with the requirements of the applicable law;
3. Respect the impartiality and independence required of the UN and of the receiving department/office and shall not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to the UN;
4. Unless otherwise authorized by the appropriate official in the receiving department/office, they may not communicate at any time to the media or to any institution, person, Government or any other external source any information which has become known to them by reason of their association with the UN or the receiving department/office, that they know or ought to have known has not been made public. They may not use any such information without the written authorization of the appropriate official, and such information may never be used for personal gain. These obligations also apply after the end of the internship with the UN; and
5. Refrain from any conduct that would adversely reflect on the UN or on the receiving department/office and will not engage in any activity which is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the UN.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Actively seeks to improve programmes or services;
Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs;
Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas;
Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks "outside the box";
Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things;
Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
* Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
* Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
* Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, much commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Preferred area of study for this position: Graphic Design, Website Design, Communications. Knowledge of and experience in using Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. Fluency in English is required for this position.
Candidates will be assessed based on their Personnel History Profiles (PHP). Individual interviews may be conducted for further assessment. A complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing;
- Graduation date (when will you be graduating from the programme);
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in;
- Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship position.
In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, if any; IT skills and three references.
Due to high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Additional for this remote internship position interns are required to have good knowledge of online platforms, and disposition to working online collaborately. Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for internships which relate directly to their studies and/or skills and expertise. Applicants are asked to please indicate preferences which best match his/her suitability and do so carefully in order to enhance the value of the internship for both the intern and the receiving UN department.
A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the (COMPANY NAME). An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this instruction, "child" means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a
child of a staff member or a staff member's spouse (son- or daughter-in-law).
"Sibling" includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Quelle:||Website des Unternehmens|
|Datum:||01 Mai 2021|
|Bereich:||Regierung / NGO|