The internship is located in the Centre for Learning and Multilingualism (CLM), Human Resources Management Service, (COMPANY NAME) Office at Geneva. This internship is for a period of three months, from 11 January to 2 April 2021
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Depending on the sanitary measure at the time of the internship, teleworking can be an option.
The intern will work five days per week (40 hours) under the overall supervision of the Head of the Language Training Programme and under the direct supervision of the French Language Coordinator at the Centre for Learning and Mulitilingualism (CLM).
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of the French Language Programme at the Centre for Learning and Mulitilingualism (CLM), the incumbent will:
- Edit learning online materials and activities in our learning platform (Moodle) in French to assist with our blended learning programmes.
- Design, develop and edit learning materials in French.
- Ensure a presence in the Language Resource Centre, which will entail assisting clients and organizing Resource Centre materials (depending on the sanitary measure).
- Work on other ongoing projects.
- Participate and work with other interns in the ongoing section projects.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team short comings time.
- Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. -Shows willingness to learn new technology.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
(a) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
(b) Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent).
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the (COMPANY NAME) during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat.
For this internship, fluency in French is required.
Fluency in other UN official language is desirable.
Potential candidates may be contacted by the hiring team directly if further information is needed during the review of their application.
Due to the high volume of applications received, candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted.
Completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
- Graduation Date (When will you be/have graduating/graduated from the programme?).
- IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- Top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references. Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
There should be no expectation of employment by the (COMPANY NAME) upon completion of the internship.
Interns are responsible for all internship-related expenses that they incur. The (COMPANY NAME) accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. Therefore, upon award of an internship, interns are responsible for securing adequate insurance coverage and are required to sign and return a statement confirming their understanding and acceptance of these conditions of service.
A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the (COMPANY NAME). An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this instruction, "child" means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member's spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). "Sibling" includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child of the spouse of a parent of a staff member (that is, also half- and step-sibling).
Candidates of certain nationalities must obtain a visa authorizing their stay in Switzerland before they depart for Geneva to begin their internship. While this is the overall responsibility of the selected candidate, we will provide information and supporting documents in this regard.
**In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
**Dans le contexte de la pandémie de maladie à coronavirus (COVID-19), et compte tenu des contraintes liées à la délivrance des visas, aux voyages internationaux et à l'accès aux locaux de l'ONU, il peut être demandé aux candidates et candidats d'effectuer leur stage à distance, en tout ou en partie.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Quelle:||Website des Unternehmens|
|Datum:||03 Nov 2020|
|Bereich:||Regierung / NGO|