Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It with Pride.
Working as part of a cross functional team, you deliver the R&D activities required to complete Packaging Development for Innovation/Growth projects and productivity projects across geographies with an emphasis on delivering the desired consumer experience.
How you will contribute
This is a Packaging Development R&D position in the NA Biscuit category responsible for delivering against the Nourish brands with a focused responsibility as Packaging Brand Steward for our Wheat Thins and Good Thins brands. You must have experience in package development and plant trial execution during the commercialization process in a fast-paced environment. You must possess strong technical skills and the ability to learn on the fly.
12 months or more of experience is required (including co-op and/or internship experience), preferably in the food industry with a track record of planning & executing successful plant trials for R&D. You must be a strong team player representing our technical organization.
With the support and guidance of a manager and a technical mentor, you will organize and execute projects in line with R&D, marketing and manufacturing requirements, effectively communicating status and risks to stakeholders. You will plan and conduct activities to generate appropriate packaging information, including pilot plant and plant trials in accordance with good manufacturing practice (GMP) and HACCP requirements. In this role, you will plan and conduct packaging development activities (e.g. prototyping, packaging design & sizing, material specifications, pallet patterns, etc.) and help with planning and the effective use of resources, including the use of external partners and suppliers. You will also create technical reports, which will require your skills in analysis and interpretation of results that will lead to conclusions and recommendations; create and maintain accurate packaging specifications; and create intellectual property to drive our competitive advantage.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
* Working on teams and independently with the guidance of a manager
* Prioritizing and managing activities
* Identifying problems proactively and creating and implementing solutions independently
* Applying fundamental technical understanding to interpret and analyze data to reach clear conclusions
* Communicating effectively verbally and in writing, including technical writing
* Putting the consumer at the heart of development activities
* Technical curiosity and a collaborative mindset
Additional Job Description
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
This position reports to NA Packaging Group Leader Nourish (Wheat Thins, Triscuit, belVita, Good Thins, Crackers Innovation)
Key stakeholders include:
* Business brand leads (Marketing)
* Product Development and Process Development partners in R&D
* Quality and Food Safety
* External Suppliers
* External Manufacturing
* Biscuit Operations (BDs and Plant Managers)
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
* Execute with excellence the development and commercialization of packaging initiatives from concept through commercialization. Developing timelines, risk assessment and contingency plans to ensure execution on projects with limited supervision.
* Design, plan and conduct analytical testing, line trials and package performance testing.
* Lead and/or support plant trials for packaging materials, working with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Procurement, Business Development, Production, Supply Chain and Quality). Properly plan, coordinate and report each trial, provide appropriate level of technical support and troubleshooting to execute trial objectives and ensure proper documentation of each activity.
* Ensure all Packaging Quality expectations are delivered.
* Leverage and challenge suppliers and partners to develop new technologies and cost advantage packaging formats and materials to achieve business goals.
* Ability to generate, develop and execute packaging ideas by leveraging both existing equipment in the company and new equipment.
* Troubleshoot issues that arise from package development, line trials and commercialization with limited supervision.
* Understand the financial impact of packaging programs and the linkage of packaging to business strategies.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
* Packaging Materials: apply technical material knowledge to current projects; provide technical based solutions.
* Packaging Equipment: apply knowledge of equipment, operation, capacities, limitations, and potential mechanical shortfalls.
* Packaging Evaluation: apply knowledge of test methodologies for packaging materials specification development. Identify gaps within internal testing capabilities. Be able to recommend additional critical parameters as well as be able to outline procedures and work with quality teams.
* Graphics: apply knowledge around the printing process to determine how it affects package performance. Effectively apply to business issues and make appropriate recommendations.
* Product Packaging interactions: apply knowledge of product, process, and package interactions along with modes of failure to make material recommendations and narrow down variables during development process.
* Ability to work with different levels of the organization.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization.
* Ability to get results through working with a diverse team.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity.
* Executional excellence, time management and problem-solving competencies.
Education / Certifications:
Bachelor of Science degree in Packaging Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline.
Job specific requirements:
12 months experience in a packaging development role, including co-op and/or internship experience.
* Experience working in a Research, Development and/or Quality function.
* Planning and project management abilities.
* Experience in package development processes.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Experience in development, trials, and commercialization of packaging initiatives.
Desired: Knowledge and/or experience with Lean Six Sigma tools and process control systems, intermediate statistics experience, including Design of Experiments and use of Minitab
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time for domestic vendor/manufacturing visits.
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands-including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products -are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Packaging Development & Engineering
Science & Engineering
|Website des Unternehmens
|01 Dez 2023
|Lebensmittel / Getränke / Tabakwaren