As a Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Intern at Simbe Robotics you will work closely with product design, mechanical, and software teams to build and maintain our fleet of retail Tally Robots. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving problems and is driven to develop experience with applied robotic products in the places people work and live.
* Perform testing and evaluation of electrical and mechanical systems
* Test and troubleshoot mechanical parts and circuit board assemblies/components
* Computer Aided Design (CAD) support for design changes
* Design and create cable assemblies
* Writing reports to document the outcome of testing and evaluation
* A student in BS, MS, or PhD studying Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics, with a passion for the field of robotics are encouraged to apply.
* Present excellent hardware projects, or portfolio of experiences.
* Collaborate and communicate well with product design and software teams in a fast-paced environment.
* Comfortable taking initiative, pursuing answers to challenging problems and working independently.
* Willing and able to travel periodically to assist with on-site product deployments.
* Must have strong knowledge of SolidWorks.
* Must have experience with basic shop tools, part fabrication and 3D printers
* Basic knowledge of ECAD packages, including Altium, Spice EE
* Knowledge of ROS, Python, C++, or Electromechanical system design is very helpful