The Education Specialist reports to the Director of Special Education. The Education Specialist will work at two campuses, within 5 minutes of each other. The role of the Education Specialist is to improve students' success in basic academics (reading, language and/or math, etc.) through implementing FCSO approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; modeling the necessary skills to perform assignments; providing a safe and optimal learning environment and providing feedback to students, classroom teachers, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
* Ensure that all students realize the academic goals outlined both within their IEPs and by FCSO standards and realize significant gains
* Evaluate students' abilities in basic academics for the purpose of assisting other personnel in the diagnosis of learning disorders, development of remediation plans and/or student progress
* Provide one-to-one or small group instruction, direct services and push in or pull out intervention as required by IEP
* Administer standardized achievement tests, interpreting results to determine learners' strengths and areas of need for initial, annual and triennial assessments
* Provide accommodations and/or modifications to learners with disabilities for assignments and testing as determined by the IEP team
* Draft and write professional and compliant IEPs
* Instruct students for the purpose of improving their success in assigned basic academic subject areas of reading, writing and/or math
* Manage student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment, develops behavior support plans as needed
* Participates in various meetings as needed (IEP, SST, Parent Conferences, In Service Training, Staff Meetings etc.)
* Provide leadership for ensuring full compliance with legal requirements as prescribed by federal law under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act 1997) and IDEIA (Individuals with Disabilities in Education Improvement Act, 2004) and State of California Education Code
* Collaborate with parents as educational partners and provide ability awareness as needed
* Other duties as assigned
* B.A. or B.S.
* Valid Education Specialist Credential - Mild Moderate, or enrolled in an accredited teacher preparation program working towards a credential. Must be qualified for Intern Credential at time of application.
* Knowledge of curriculum, education code and special education law/policies
* Skills in appropriate special subject matter
* Perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks: maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedule and compliance deadlines
* M.A. or M.S. in Education or Subject Area
* Experience with Google apps and other educational technology
* Experience with one or more of the following a plus: project-based learning, social-emotional learning, and personalized learning, service learning, interdisciplinary or IB curriculum
* Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a solutions-oriented attitude
185-day school year, 10 student-free professional development days for collaboration with colleagues. Common building hours are 8:00am-4:00pm.
Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package for employee and dependents.
<button class="fab-Button fab-Button--biggie
|Quelle:||Website des Unternehmens|
|Datum:||27 Nov 2020|