Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide.
At Baxter Belgium, our working environment is international (30 nationalities), with an open management culture and many young workers.
In the global framework of new container closure systems development, under appropriate direction of the Technical Leader (TL) and/or Senior Engineers, the candidate is in charge of engineering work of moderate complexity requiring appropriate application/use of standard engineering techniques, tools, methodologies and procedures.
Based on project needs, the intervention mode of the support engineer will range from punctual on-demand interventions (ex: technical documents edition) to longer term integration within a project team (ex: test campaigns definition & supervision).
You will :
* Under supervision of the Technical project Leader execute design development activities on container components by conducting appropriate studies & data analysis, editing technical documentation, supervising samples preparation & related test campaigns execution.
* Based on project needs, be in support to engineering activities related to component design (system requirements definition, concept selection & prototyping, product/system interface, dFMEA, functional performance evaluation, design space definition, specifications/BoM/drawings creation & issuance, specific test method development, verification studies, design transfer...)
* When needed, under direction of the TL or (S)DL, organize and coordinate activities involving other project stakeholders (different functions, different sites) to respect overall project schedule.
* Apply state-of-the-art engineering tools/methodologies/principles (sampling plan & study layout definition, data statistical analysis, mechanical design principles...) to design product components according to applicable Product Development Process and design control procedures. Design engineering studies, collect data, interpret results and provide conclusions in terms of product design for form, fit & function
* Develop a high degree of engineering knowledge in appropriate fields of competence
* Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms and Templates.
* First experience in new product development and product design in medical products is a plus
* Good experience with statistical (Minitab) and Six Sigma (5 why's, fishbone diagram, DMAIC...) tools/methodologies is a plus
* Good knowledge of plastic materials technology and processing (injection molding, extrusion, sealing...)
* Able to formulate with minimal assistance engineering studies (sampling plan, DoE...) of moderate complexity
* Capable of developing specific technical skills and knowledge when required
* Numerical modeling experience is a plus
* Excellent spoken, written and read English.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project...)
* CAD software (ProE, SolidWorks)
* Statistical analysis software (Minitab)
* Computer-aided design & numerical simulation (ex: FEA, Moldflow, CFD, Multiphysics) is a plus.
* Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
* Proven critical thinking and ability to solve routine technical problems in a systematic way through design, testing and analysis, with minimal assistance from senior staff.
* Proven ability to effectively communicate technical information (written & verbal) within technical project team.
* Self-motivated and take personal accountability for getting the job done.
* Quality oriented.
You have a Master's degree in Biomedical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical or Materials Engineering
Typically, 0 to 1 year of relevant engineering experience in new product development (preferably in medical devices, pharma products)
Nb de poste à pourvoir : 1
Expérience souhaitée : 0 mois
Niveau d'étude demandé : bac+5 et plus
Langue : Anglais
Domaines de compétences : GESTION DE LA PRODUCTION INDUSTRIELLE , Amélioration continue , Génie Industriel , Gestion de la production , Magasinage - Manutention - Conditionnement , Maintenance , Méthodes , Prévention - Hygiène - Sécurité , Qualité produits , Qualité systèmes , PRODUCTION INDUSTRIELLE , Aéronautique , Automobile , Dessin industriel , Domotique , Electromécanique , Electronique , Electrotechnique , Fonderie , Froid et Climatisation , Génie Electrique , Instrumentation - Automatisme - Robotique , Mécanique - Génie Mécanique , Mécanique des fluides , Mécatronique , Métallurgie , Microélectronique , Nanotechnologies , Optique , Optronique , Plasturgie , Productique , Soudage , Textile , Génie Biomédical , Pharmacie , Biotechnologies, bio-industrie , Chimie - Génie Chimique , Génie Biologique, génétique , Génie des procédés
Diplômes MASTER 2