The candidate will be a member of the Hong Kong COO team.
He/she will be reporting to the Compliance COO (Chief Operating Officer) for Asia-Pacific, based in Hong Kong.
The candidate will focus on the management support and strategic planning for Compliance department in Asia-Pacific.
This VIE position constitutes a very good entry point into a leading financial services group, and a valuable experience in Compliance department as well as in transversal & organization functions of the bank.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities :
1. Recurring tasks to support the COO in his supervisory role:
- Management reporting
Assist in the preparation of the decks for Regional Committees e.g. monthly Compliance update to Regional CEO
- Resource piloting
Strategic Planning: Budget & Cost Forecast based on the department strategic priorities, and monitoring of budget consumption (headcount follow-up etc.)
Management Indicators Reporting: Monthly Compliance reporting for the Asia Pacific Management Committee, Monthly reporting to head office
- Operational Risk Management
Coordinate the Operational Risk Management processes for Compliance department: RCSA, 1st level control, BIA, BCP
Audit recommendations follow-up
Regulatory inspections recommendations follow up
- Compliance Academy
Coordinate the Professional development plan of Compliance staff across the region: professional certifications etc.
Compliance Incidents monitoring and follow-up
Department Communication: articles, etc.
New joiners induction
2. Thematic tasks to assist the COO in Projects & Coordination
The project & tasks depend on the roadmap of the relevant quarter and year. As a matter of illustration, in 2017 the VIE coordinated the following initiatives:
- Operating model: Lead the study for offshoring opportunities in Compliance Asia-Pacific
- Digital: Development of a regulatory surveillance robot in collaboration with IT department
- Advisory on new technology: Assist the manager in charge of the Digital Compliance Advisory in coordinating the study to grant Businesses and Support functions approval for usage of new technologies: data lake, cloud computing etc.
- Systems & Equipment: Lead an initiative in collaboration with IT department to list the Compliance department applications, assess the IT service and develop an action plan to resolve the main pain points. Redesign of the department premises and equipment change to promote mobility with laptops and soft phones.
- Events: Coordinated the Pan Asian Compliance Seminar (over 90 participants from 10 different countries)
- Engagement: Action plan after the Employee Barometer survey
The successful candidate will develop generic knowledge of Compliance issues, professional coordination and planning competencies as well as a strong network across the Compliance department: He / She will be exposed to senior management e.g. Regional Head of Compliance, country heads of Compliance, Managing Directors and Executive Committee Members of Compliance in Asia Pacific
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Hong Kong is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.
You are graduated with a Master degree from Engineering or Business School or University with a specialization in Business, Finance or other relevant field
Ideally you have past experience or exposure to Compliance topics in International or Multi-cultural organization
You have previous experience in Project Management / Coordinator in an investment bank or audit / consultancy firm
You are fluent in English
Chinese (Cantonese) is a plus and Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese are nice to have
You are proficient in Microsoft Office application (Excel, powerpoint), MS Excel dashboard and MS Powerpoint management presentations with high or complete autonomy
The Asia-Pacific Compliance division ("CPLE") has a local presence in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan (120+ staff in total). Our primary focus is to support Wholesale Banking activities. In practice, the scope of CPLE includes:
- Monitoring the compliance with banking and financial regulations, including rules covering customer protection;
- Monitoring compliance with rules aiming at protecting the integrity of organised markets;
- Executing or execution monitoring of some regulatory declarations (transaction, shareholding threshold crossing, etc.);
- Coordinating the KYC system;
- Supervising the AML/TF organisation, and declaring AML suspicion to the local relevant authorities;
- Preventing the reputation risk;
- Declaring the "compliance malfunctions" (if any) to the bank supervision authority; compliance malfunctions are significant breaches of the above-mentioned regulations or problems generating a reputation risk.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English
Nb de poste à pourvoir :
Expérience souhaitée :
Niveau d'étude demandé :
bac+5 et plus
Domaines de compétences :
Finance , Droit Bancaire
MBA , MASTER 2 , Autre Bac+5