Summary of the key purposes of the role
The Sustainable Investment Solutions team is in charge of the development and promotion of a full range of indices and products to meet the growing needs of clients for solutions that combine performance and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria.
The role of the team will allow you to deal with many different subjects, take on responsibilities and interact with many departments within the Group.
Summary of responsibilities
* Develop new indices (mainly equity) based on ESG factors. It includes defining the index rules, implementing these rules in Python (or VBA) and back testing the results. You should also keep commercial issues in mind while developing an index.
* Ensure the ESG offer marketing documents are up to date including the latest additions to the range, and create the documents explaining new offers.
* Ensure a market watch regarding the new developments in the sustainable investment market.
* Oversee the offering of Positive Impact Finance structured solutions: ensure a secured primary market process and monitor the outstanding nominal amounts on the secondary market.
* Participate to transversal (COMPANY NAME) sustainable finance projects.
* Ensure tight follow up of commercial effort around ESG indices.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
* Currently studying towards a Master degree in Engineering, Finance or similar with a focus in financial markets.
* Strong interest and knowledge about derivatives and structured products.
* Experience in ESG products, either on buy side or sell side
* As the position requires working with multiple other teams (Sales, Index structurer, derivative pricer, trader, asset manager, etc.) excellent communication skills are determinant.
* You should also be willing to learn a lot about the sustainable and responsible investment market.
* Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, VBA and Python preferred.
* Be pro-active and able to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions.
* Autonomy, good organization skills and ability to handle long-term projects.
* Fluent both in French and English (oral & written).
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see wxx.xxxxxxx.xxm