(COMPANY NAME) is a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of health care and agriculture. Our products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, we want to create value through innovation, growth and enhanced earning power.
Our International Procurement Management Trainee Program will give you a broad overview of the role and tasks of our procurement function. It is designed to prepare you for a management position within Procurement at (COMPANY NAME). Our global procurement experts play a key role in bringing innovative sourcing solutions to life and are vital to ensuring a smart and efficient supply chain. They work constructively with various stakeholders in all business areas at (COMPANY NAME) and with suppliers in a competitive international environment. Along the entire supply chain, they ensure compliance with sustainability standards. That is why we are constantly on the lookout for fresh talent to join the International Procurement Management Trainee Program.
If this sounds like you, we’d be very interested in hearing from you.
How can I develop and fulfil my career perspectives at (COMPANY NAME)?
Together with your mentor and the respective HR Business Partner, you will identify individual career perspectives, discuss feedback on your performance and agree on development measures.
From the very beginning, excellent contribution will be rewarded. This comprises a highly competitive remuneration package and exclusive career perspectives with attractive job opportunities within the (COMPANY NAME) Group.
We are committed to jointly developing the various aspects of your employability profile and to proactively identifying and achieving your personal “best-fit” career perspectives after you have successfully completed the 18-month International Procurement Management Trainee Program.
If you are interested in gaining experience in a dynamic, innovative and global company, we would be delighted to receive your online application in English (including a cover letter, CV and references) by February 29, 2020. Please note that the selection process comprises a telephone interview (in March) and face-to-face interviews, which are due to take place in April in Leverkusen. The program is scheduled to start in the third quarter of 2020 (flexible start dates).
- Master’s degree/PhD in Business Administration, Engineering or Natural Sciences with excellent grades
- Practical work experience in procurement or related areas
- Initial international experience, e.g. internships or studies abroad
- Passion to innovate and the desire to contribute your ideas to bring about change
- Passion for procurement and the ability to challenge the status quo
- Ability to build partnerships, work collaboratively across cultures and meet shared objectives
- Business mindset and leadership aspirations
- Awareness of opportunities that digital solutions can open up
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel internationally
Duration, start date and content of the program
- The 18-month program provides in-depth insights into various areas of Procurement at (COMPANY NAME) and one of our cross-functional teams
- Program stations in different Procurement areas, e.g. Category Management, Strategic Sourcing or Supplier Management
- Participation in operational activities and functional excellence initiatives
- International short-term-assignment at one of the procurement sites around the world
- Each program phase lasts 2 or 3 months and incorporates defined tasks and responsibilities
- Mentoring from an experienced (COMPANY NAME) manager
- Flexible start date in summer or fall
|Posted on:||21 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Talent Program|
|Job starts:||01 Jul 2021|
|Job duration:||18 months|
|Study areas:||Accountancy, Astronomy / Astrophysics, Banking, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Economics, Engineering, Engineering - Aeronautical, Engineering - Agronomy, Engineering - Chemical, Engineering - Civil, Engineering - Computer, Engineering - Electrical, Engineering - Electronic, Engineering - Mechanical, Engineering - Technology, Financial Management, Hospitality - Catering / Hotel Management, Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Management Science, Manufacturing Sciences (including CAD - CAM - CAE), Marine Science / Oceanography, Marketing and Sales Management, Materials Science, Microbiology, Natural Sciences, Nuclear and High Energy Physics, Physics, Secretarial Studies, Telecommunications, Tourism|