Reporting to the Talent & Culture Manager this role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to grow and develop their Talent and Cutlure career. As a motivated, engaging and passionate HR professional you will be providing support and guidance to all colleagues and you'll have a strong eye for detail and excellent organisation skills to assist our Talent & Culture department.
This HR generalist role involves drawing on a wide range of Human Resource-related skills, knowledge and experience - which includes:
* Delivering consistent service to our people aligned to company values of Trust, Respect, Sustainable Performance, Guest Passion, Innovation and Spirit of Conquest.
* Keeping colleague files current as well as maintaining accurate payroll, training and timetarget records. Ensuring Hotel compliance with legislative and business requirements
* Building rapport with Supervisors and Managers to align company and department goals with Talent & Culture strategies, processes and support
* Support the Talent & Culture Manager in the delivery of T&C strategy, framework, recruitment, induction, training, administering colleague benefits, policies and procedures.
* Participate in the delivery of (COMPANY NAME) diversity and inclusion programs including our Indigenous Careers Program and the Heartist Internship Program
* Maintain hard and soft copy colleague files
* Assisting in recruitment and organising colleague on-boarding and parting ways
* Coordinating OHS committee meetings, upload OHS incidents & accident & keep accurate reports.
* Continuously keep up to date on relevant legislation and workplace awards
How you will make an impact?
We are looking for a motivated individual who shares our team's passion for providing exemplary service and support to our people. To be successful you will have exceptional internal and external stakeholder engagement skills, be highly organised, outcome focused and able to multi task and meet deadlines. What we're looking for is:
* Previous experience in a HR generalist role, preferably within a Hotel/Resort environment.
* Human Resources or related qualifications desirable however not essential
* Exposure to Labour Law and employment equity regulations
* Experience uploading colleagues to payroll & assisting with audits
* Experience with end to end recruitment
* Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
* Professional communication with the ability to foster strong working relationships
* A willingness to learn, positive approach, an openess to change and strong initiative
* You will be highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business on-line programs and communication tools.
* A willingness to learn and develop your career as a HR professional.
* Suitable Australian work rights to work in a full-time capacity.
What we offer:
* Central location close to all forms of public transport
* Flexible work arrangements
* Opportunities to grow and develop your career with (COMPANY NAME) an international Hotel group
* Discounts on accommodation and food & beverage services throughout (COMPANY NAME) Hotels
* A supportive and inclusive working environment and culture
* Employee Assistance Program
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
|Posted on:||03 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Tourism / Hotel management|