We're JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you're free to choose. In fact, we've spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It's how we've grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn't just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they're free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That's why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It's why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we've been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you're ready to choose a career you'll love, in a company you'll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
What is the purpose of this traineeship?
We are looking for a new colleague who will support our Communication and Employer Branding team. You will be working on the development, execution and implementation of JTI's internal and external communication, employer branding initiatives and engagement projects (e.g. sustainability initiatives, community investment activities and employee events). As Communication trainee you will be part of the Corporate Affairs & Internal Communications Department. In this role, you provide support to the Sustainability and Communication Manager Benelux and the People & Culture Projects Manager Benelux.
The purpose of this role is to have a junior position for ambitious and talented young professionals who would like to have the opportunity to learn and develop towards an entry position within the Company. This is a rotational position for one year. An added purpose to this position is that this is meant to be a growth position. So we will train, coach and mentor you to make a next step in your career.
We have an office in Belgium (Strombeek-Bever) and in The Netherlands (Amstelveen). This position is based in Belgium. Because this position has responsibilities across whole Benelux you will also work on projects in the Netherlands.
What will you do?
You will provide support with the development, execution and implementation of the internal communication plan by:
- making optimal use of all internal communication channels (e.g. business TV's, WorkPlace, wall posters in the office, laptop screen savers etc.).
- keeping track of any developments in the corporate branding guidelines and make sure they guidelines are followed correctly.
- Supervising our communication partners and agencies.
You will provide support with the development, execution and implementation of the external communication. You will also support other departments (e.g. Sales, People & Culture, Marketing) with external communication execution.
You will be engaged with the development, tracking and implementation of Community Investment initiatives by:
- Coordinating and organizing community investment activities
- Being part of the Community investment project team
- Contributing to the Community Investment strategy.
- Taking part in brainstorm sessions about new Community Investment activities
- Engaging our colleagues to the Community Investment activities
You will play an important role in the development, implementation and execution of the Sustainability Strategy by:
- Monitoring external initiatives on sustainability
- Analyzing trends and opportunities to contribute to strategy building
- Being part of the Sustainability workgroup
- Taking part in brainstorm sessions to look for new sustainability activities
You will provide support to the People & Culture Department with Employer Branding activities, both internal and external. You will do this by:
- Being involved in the development, execution and implementation of the Employer Branding strategy.
- Helping with the external communication of special achievements and important projects (e.g. Top Employer, new employee policies, Make it Bright, university partnerships, job markets etc.).
- Supporting with the development of a communication strategy towards different target groups.
You will provide operational support to the organization of both internal and external events (e.g. employee events, engagement activities, employer branding events, employee theme weeks etc.)
Who are we looking for?
You are an ambitious and energetic starter. You want to learn, deep dive and gain new experiences as much as possible. You are looking for an international environment where you can kick-start your professional career. You bring your hand-on mentality, your eagerness to learn and your enthusiasm to help us improve the way we do business.
- Your professional and intellectual capacities are at least at Bachelor level (preferable in Communication / Marketing / Sales / Business Studies / HR). No previous working experience is required.
- Your Dutch and English verbal- and written skills are on fluent level, French is nice to have
- You have knowledge of MS Office.
What do we offer?
We offer a one year exciting traineeship in one of the most challenging industries of today's FMCG landscape with a lot of responsibilities, challenges and possibilities to grow. During the traineeship, there is much attention for your personal and professional development. You will be mentored by the best people from our business. We will create an environment where you will have more than enough possibilities to learn and develop. Next to this, we will provide you the freedom to take on own projects and responsibilities in the fields you are most interested in.
Of course, we also offer a good compensation package, like:
- A fulltime one year traineeship in a passionate team;
- A competitive salary which fits this great role;
- Holiday allowance
- Commuting allowance
- Annual vacation days
- The possibility to work 50% of your time from home
- Business laptop and Iphone
Are you excited about the description above but still have some questions? Do not hesitate to contact us. For this vacancy, you can contact Roy Blokvoort from People & Culture via email@example.com
|Posted on:||20 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|
|Job duration:||12 months|
|Languages:||English, Dutch, French|