Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:
Over the past decade, Europe in particular, has experienced a strong shift from artificial to natural colors. Replacing artificial colorants in a product to natural colorants can have an impact on the product stability, cost, supply chain, etc.
Some key challenges faced when using natural yellow and orange colorants in beverages are the formation of a neck ring and staining of the PET. The aim of this internship will be to understand the mechanisms behind these stability defects and identify key parameters impacting, to ultimately improve the performance of (sparkling) orange CSD through evaluation of existing and newest generation colorants, in a juice and non-juice matrix.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
* The goal of this project will be to:
- compile an overview of existing and new generation natural yellow and orange colorants and build a practical tool ('playbook') to use during product development
- study the mechanisms behind ring formation and color staining in PET and parameters influencing the stability performance (processing, type of emulsifier, flavor oil content..)
PRACTICAL IN THE LAB
- improve product performance of juice and non-juice containing orange CSD containing yellow and orange colorants (beta-carotenoid).
The opportunity for you would be to:
· Work as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
· Get a deeper insight on how an R&D department works
· Learn from Product Developers how to develop beverage formulations
· Learning to work in a laboratory
· Learn to perform physico-chemical analysis of RTD beverages
· Work closely with ingredient suppliers
bachelor or Master in food Science and Technology
Related Work Experience:
· Motivated, fast learner and results focused
· Able to work independently in a multicultural environment, and build a solid approach to solve complex technical challenges
· Clear and effective communicator. English is a must.
· Keen to work in a laboratory and Pilot Plant
We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
* Internship duration:
The duration is expected to be 6-9 months.
Starting Date: as of March/April 2023
The candidate will work at our Brussels R&D center,
Coca-Cola Services, R&D EMEA, Chaussée de Mons xxxx, xxx0 Brussels - Belgium
What We Can Do for You:
* Iconic & Innovative Brands: Our portfolio represents over 250 products with some of the most popular brands in the world and we're always expanding
* Expansive & Diverse Customers: We focus on diversified and large range of customers each day
* Critical experiences: We work as a global network with a wide range of cross-functional partners to step-change the way we refresh the world and make an impact every day
* Growth Culture: learning organization with a bias for action, fully empowering curious individuals to leverage our global network and a wealth of human insights to deliver amazing results.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what's possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors - curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola
|Posted on:||24 Jan 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|