Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Council of Europe?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political Affairs, Press and Information (PPI) Section of the EU Delegation to the Council of Europe, starting in May 2021.
Further start dates are foreseen in Autumn 2021.
* Updating EUDEL website and social media (Facebook, twitter)
* Compiling a daily press review
* Report on conferences, seminars and delegation meetings
* Following key dossiers of the Parliamentary Assembly (PACE), relevant Rapporteur Groups and expert groups;
* Participate in the PACE sessions, rapporteur groups and expert groups meetings, preparing summaries and reporting;
* Research and preparation of documents and notes;
* Drafting briefings;
* Drafting, proof-reading and editing documents including for public and social media
* Contributing to the preparation and organisation of visibility and communication of EU events; assisting in the promotion as such events (producing advertisements, press releases, designing and distributing of promotional materials, make photo and video coverage of EUDEL's events)
* Follow up and supporting the organisation in the daily management of EUDEL activities (events, receptions, working lunches, meetings, logistic including documents preparation)
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
* University degree in Political Sciences or communication
* Ability to delivery good quality work output in tight deadlines
* Very good analytical and drafting skills, and proficiency in both English (C2) and French (C1)
* Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages and social media
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
* A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
* (CVs in other format will not be considered)
* a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
* andan application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Name - PPI Section
(you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 - Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.
* Council of Europe
|Posted on:||20 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|