Are you searching for a great opportunity in the field of R&D? Are you interested in supporting the industrial validation of new dairy products and to give support in European new product development? Then apply now and become our new R&I intern as of mid-August, at our office in Rotselaar, Belgium!
About the Job
You will be part of an open and easy-going team with colleagues located all over Europe. You will assist the R&I product manager based in Rotselaar who manages the implementation of dairy drinks and stirred yoghurt for the Rotselaar plant and European product development. Other main contacts will be the Quality managers (from plant and selling market teams), EU R&I teams and Operations team (S&C).
This internship focuses on three buckets of responsibilities: 1) Supporting implementation activities: Industrial trial follow-up and Launch follow-up, 2) Supporting EU design activities: Sample organization, product follow-up, product development and 3) organizing and mastering tasting sessions
So, what will you do on a daily basis?
* Support product developers on industrial trials organized in Rotselaar plant
* Support the product developers on contacts with the plant, warehouse, suppliers in order to receive the samples
* Support the product developers on documentation such as: analysis follow up and trial reports, tasting sessions, formulations, nutrition check, labelling information and finished product specifications.
* Formulate in the lab samples and mock-ups
* Preparation of samples to be sent to the project team or potential partners in the project
* Performing physico-chemical and organoleptic analysis and organize follow up of laboratory, pilot, and industrial samples
* Data analysis and reporting linked to product follow-up
You are a final year Master student in engineering. Previous experience in the food industry and knowledge is statistical analysis are a plus. You are passionate about R&D and product development, are able to organize and manage all activities we just described, and love tasting all kinds of yoghurts. You are familiar with Microsoft office (Word, Excel etc.). You are proactive and are able to work autonomously. You are a great communicator who is able to express you opinion and are not afraid of asking help.
There are also some requirements that you have to meet in order to be eligible for the current internship:
* You are enrolled in a university for the whole duration of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you must be enrolled at a Belgian university)
* The internship is a mandatory part of your studies:
* You are fluent in English;
* You are available from Mid-August for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week.
* You live or are willing to relocate in Belgium, near Rotselaar.
At Danone, we are dedicated in achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world - as many people as possible. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our signature One Planet One Health embodies.
As a R&I Engineer Intern, you will learn a lot about the food R&I industry, specifically the dairy industry with brands like Actimel, Light & Free, Activia and Danonino. This position gives you the opportunity to work in a European team, where you also closely work together with other divisions in Rotselaar. You really learn how the industrial production process works and you will experience both the lab work and the office work in one internship! Your manager will guide you throughout the internship and give you space for creativity if you have any ideas that may improve the work at the laboratory and the office: definitely a great place to learn!
If we just described your profile, please click the "apply now" button and upload your CV and Cover Letter! You have until the end of 21st of June!
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact Mimosa Sares (Talent Intern R&I) via firstname.lastname@example.org