EU Policy and Environment Intern
(COMPANY NAME) is a Brussels-based association representing the interest of the European fur valuey chain and around 100.000 workers employed in fur farms, auction houses, brokers, dressing and dyeing factories, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. At (COMPANY NAME)'s office, you will find an informal and yet highly professional and collaborative working environment and a small dedicated multi-national team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
* Report to: Head of Policy and Head of Sustainability Standards;
* Support the Head of Sustainability Standards in delivering rules and studies on the sector's environmental performance within the framework of EC's Product Environmental Footprint method;
* Assist the Head of Sustainability Standards in the collection and processing of data from the fur value chain;
* Monitor and analyse sustainability programmes in Europe and globally, particularly focusing on fashion, livestock and waste management;
* Support the Head of Policy in monitoring institutional activities and participate in the EU regulatory developments in areas including circular economy and sustainability, due diligence, animal health and welfare, biodiversity, trade policy and internal market;
* Assist the Head of Policy and the Head of Sustainability Standards in the development of briefings, factsheets, position papers, internal surveys, answers to public consultations;
* Attend meetings and working groups with public and private stakeholders, conferences alone and/or with the Head of Policy and the Head of Sustainability Standards;
* Ad hoc support in dealing with membership engagement/queries.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
Education and experience
* Bachelor or Master's degree in EU Affairs, Environmental Engineering, Data Science or similar;
* Proven knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
* Familiarity with LCA is an asset;
* Fluency in English is essential; fluency in other EU languages is an asset;
* Experience in dealing with EU comitology procedures and EU agencies is an asset.
* Quick learner, ability to grasp complex concepts rapidly;
* Strong research and analysis skills;
* Team-player, proactive and inquisitive mindset;
* Familiar with Microsoft software such as Word, PowerPoint; high proficiency in Excel is an asset.
ABOUT THE SELECTION PROCESS
You can send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday, 20 August at midnight. However, we recommend early submissions; interviews will take place on a rolling basis and the internship position could be filled before the application deadline.We aim to start the contract on 1 September, for a total duration of either 6 or 12 months.
The contract will be a convention d'immersion professionelle