Hitachi Corporate Office, Europe
Hitachi Corporate Office, Europe, located in Brussels is looking to recruit two EU Affairs Interns. The successful candidates will be expected to contribute to overall office-wide activities and in particular to assist Senior EU Affairs Managers in charge of Environment & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), within their respective Policy/Legislative area.
An internship contract (Convention d'immersion professionelle) will be signed between Hitachi and the successful candidates until the end of July 2021.
Deadline: Friday, 15 January (18:00)
To apply for this position, please send your resume (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) to Mr. Jesper Holmberg (firstname.lastname@example.org), clearly indicating to which area you are applying for (Environment, CSR or both). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All personal data of candidates will be deleted at the end of the selection process.
Assisting Senior staff in:
* Monitoring EU Environmental/Sustainability/CSR legislative and policy developments impacting Hitachi businesses;
* Drafting general internal communications and reports on EU Environmental/Sustainability/CSR legislation and policy;
* Networking and contact building with relevant EU Stakeholders in Brussels, including events and conference participation;
* Maintaining close contact with and advising Hitachi Group Companies in Europe on the relevant legislation/policy;
* Helping to organize internal Working Group meetings and external events;
* Maintaining contacts within Trade Associations that Hitachi is a member of (Business Europe, Digitaleurope, Japan Business Council in Europe…).
* A minimum of 5 months experience of the EU Environmental Affairs realm and Climate (EU policy on European Green Deal, Circular Economy/Resource Efficiency, Chemicals, Energy and Waste, such as WEEE, REACH, and Ecodesign), OR Sustainability/CSR field (EU policy on Sustainable Finance (EU Taxonomy), Non-Financial Reporting, Conflict Minerals, Responsible Supply Chains, Business and Human Rights, Sustainable Development Goals, etc.);
* Experience from one of the EU institutions would be considered a plus;
* An MA in EU politics, environmental studies, economics or law;
* Experience of working in an international environment, knowledge of Japanese working environment would also be a plus;
* Fluency and English is essential, other languages including French and Japanese a plus
|Posted on:||07 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Languages:||English, Japanese, French|