Burson Cohn & Wolfe (Formerly Burson-Marsteller), an award-winning public affairs and communications consultancy, is offering a 6-month paid internship to support our healthcare and food practice. We are seeking a professional with a keen interest in this area to support clients with complex regulatory and reputational challenges. The start date of this internship is foreseen in mid-August 2020.
* Monitoring and research on EU policy developments.
* Attend team meetings and brainstorming sessions
* Involvement in client work and occasional client meetings
* Participation as a junior consultant in client projects.
* Writing reports and preparing briefings.
* Assisting in event organisation and attending them in a professional capacity.
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services. For more information visit wxx.xxx-xxxxxx.xxx.
You will find a collegiate and collaborative environment at BCW Brussels. Our colleagues are diverse and talented people who are happy to come to work and driven to deliver innovative solutions to our celebrated client roster. We offer unmatched depth and breadth of capabilities and industry strengths, matched by cutting-edge tools. By leading the industry in thought and innovation, we create value for our shareholders and exciting new growth opportunities for our people and our company.
Our campaigns are increasingly digital, social and creative, making the most of our global network to produce a global impact. While clients are mostly private companies and organisations, governments and institutions regularly seek our counsel as well
Competencies & Skills
* Have an interest in and understanding of the EU policy (particularly regarding healthcare and/or food) and decision-making processes.
* A degree in European studies, international relations or politics.
* And/or prior experience within the EU institutions or other EU-focused role(s).
* And/or experience with Health/food NGOs
* Strong research abilities.
* Excellent communication skills - both spoken and written.
* Basic Social Media Knowledge and experience.
* Critical thinking with an eagerness to work in a super international (and fun) team.
* Legal eligibility to work in the EU.
Starting date - mid-August 2020
Apply by - end-July 2020
As a result of COVID-19, all BCW Brussels employees are currently working remotely. Interviews will therefore take place by video conference. For the same reason, the successful candidate must be able to travel to Belgium at the start of the internship to enable us to onboard