Burson Cohn & Wolfe (formerly Burson-Marsteller), a leading global public affairs and communications consultancy, is offering a 6-month paid internship to support our government relations (GR) practice in our Brussels office starting in the second half of July 2020. The GR team supports clients to navigate EU legislative and regulatory developments through effective advocacy, media relations, thought leadership and stakeholder outreach. Our clients are drawn from many sectors including tech, competition, Foreign Affairs, trade and defense.
Over the course of six months, the successful candidate will gain an insight into the working of a global communications agency and develop the skills necessary to pursue a career in consultancy.
* Research & monitoring policy developments on tech and foreign affairs issues at EU, national and international levels
* Support client work and the implementation of public affairs and communications programmes in the tech and foreign affairs sectors, including:
* Mapping relevant stakeholders
* Attending and organising events and conferences
* Writing meeting/event reports and preparing briefings
* Drafting content for digital campaigns
* Contribute to new business proposals
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services. For more information visit wxx.xxx-xxxxxx.xxx.
You will find a collegiate and collaborative environment at BCW Brussels. Our colleagues are diverse and talented people who are driven to deliver innovative solutions to our celebrated client roster. We offer unmatched depth and breadth of capabilities and industry strengths, matched by cutting-edge tools. By leading the industry in thought and innovation, we create value for our shareholders and exciting new growth opportunities for our people and our company.
BCW is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. At BCW, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce enables our agency to thrive and deliver brilliant work. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or citizenship status
Competencies & Skills
* Knowledge and a keen interest in EU policy and decision-making processes, with a focus on tech and/or foreign affairs issues
* Strong research and analytical skills
* Proactive, resourceful and a team player
* Critical thinking with a desire to learn in a fast-paced and international environment
* Further education in a relevant field, such as EU or international politics, law, digital policy, etc.
* Previous public affairs experience in an EU institution, regulatory organisation, trade association, advocacy organisation (NGO), company or consultancy is desirable (but not essential)
* Familiarity with digital and social campaigns/tools is an advantage
* Excellent spoken and written English - other European languages would be an asset
Starting date - second half of July 2020
Application deadline - 3 July 2020
As a result of COVID-19, all BCW Brussels employees are currently working remotely. Interviews will therefore take place by video conference. For the same reason, the successful candidate must be able to travel to Belgium at the start of the internship to enable us to onboard