Trainee Down to Zero
Do you like to join our fight against child exploitation. At (COMPANY NAME) we're looking for a Trainee Down to Zero. Join our Lobby and Expertise team!
About (COMPANY NAME):
(COMPANY NAME) Netherlands aims to prevent child exploitation, to remove children from exploitative situations, and to ensure that these children are able to continue their development in a safe environment. (COMPANY NAME) Netherlands focuses on Sexual Exploitation of Children (SEC), the Worst Forms of Child Labour, Child Trafficking and Migration, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), and on Child Protection in Humanitarian Crisis. For each of these forms of child exploitation, (COMPANY NAME) Netherlands is developing and implementing projects and programmes through local partners, mainly in Asia and Africa.
About the Down to Zero (DtZ) Alliance:
In the Down to Zero (DtZ) Alliance, (COMPANY NAME) Netherlands (lead), Plan International Nederland, Defence for Children - ECPAT, Free a Girl and ICCO Cooperation (part of Cordaid) work together aiming to end sexual exploitation of children in twelve countries in Asia and Latin America, together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. Since 2016, DtZ led by (COMPANY NAME), enables children and young people to get out of exploitative situations and advocate for their rights, enables communities to become safer and protective of their children against sexual exploitation and enables governments to improve and implement related policies, laws and regulations. The Alliance also collaborates with the private sector, for example in the tourist industry and ICT companies.
What will you work on:
* Monitoring policy initiatives and developments at EU level;
* Providing legal & policy research (literature review, consultations, data, etc.) and analysis on various policy areas with a focus on EU framework on online child sexual exploitation;
* Supporting with advocacy on grooming and sexual exploitation of children;
* Events attendance and reporting (e.g. policy conferences, European Parliament hearings and workshops);
* Supporting the preparation and organisation of meetings and events.
Who are you:
* University degree in European Studies, European Law, Human Rights, Politics or similar field, with a focus on EU policy;
* Excellent communications and writing skills in English required (spoken and written);
* Strong research abilities and analytical skills;
* Good social and organizational skills;
* Knowledge and or interest in Child Rights, pref. SEC and other relevant developments;
* Work well independently and in teams, self-starter.
What do we have to offer?
Because (COMPANY NAME) carries out programmes and projects itself, the difference is that the organization, and therefore also your contribution, is visible and tangible every day. We offer:
* A traineeship where you can really make a difference for children;
* An organization with enthusiastic colleagues, everyone likes to contribute to (COMPANY NAME) from their own discipline;
* An easily accessible office in the middle of Brussels, the city of human rights and (international) politics;
* A 6 month traineeship contract (convention d'immersion professionnelle);
* The salary is 812,- EUR per month based on 38 hours a week in accordance with traineeship regulation;
* Possible start date, as soon as possible
Do you like to become part of our Lobby, Expertise & Programs team? Please upload your application before the 21th of June. For more information please contact email@example.com.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are encouraged to apply for this position.
(COMPANY NAME) aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also our high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates (COMPANY NAME) commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
(COMPANY NAME) is unfortunately not able to provide a work/residence visa for applicants outside the EU.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|