Milieu Consulting is a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law - in fields such as environmental protection, energy, climate change, chemicals, fundamental rights, justice, home affairs, public health, consumer protection, financial services, agriculture and health and safety. We provide our expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients. Despite having grown rapidly over the years we retain a very informal, collaborative and largely non-hierarchical working environment.
Please visit our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xe to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are looking for a legal trainee with a strong EU law background for an immediate position to support our busy team. The legal trainee will work closely with our other inhouse lawyers to carry out a range of legal research and analysis, both for projects and proposals.
Key qualifications for the position
* At least a Master's degree in law from an EU university, with a strong focus on the EU legislative framework and expertise in at least one EU country's legislation;
* Experience in an EU institution or a consultancy would be an advantage;
* Minimum of 1 year of prior experience;
* Excellent spoken and written English and experience drafting reports in English;
* Well-organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
* Good knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
* An independent, self-starter personality;
* Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
What you will find at Milieu
* English as a principal working language;
* A very informal, supportive and collaborative working environment;
* A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
* A strong dedication to public policy;
* Highly professional and a strong commitment to quality in what we do;
* A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 25 nationalities;
* A stimulating working environment;
* A relaxed dress code - except when we are meeting our clients;
* Regular company barbeques, training lunches, weekly yoga classes; and
* Biennial company weekend retreats. (these last 2 to resume when we return to normal working conditions).
The training contract is envisioned for an initial 6 month period - with the possibility of a formal appointment after that time.
Milieu Consulting would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications is 6 February 2022.
Please apply via our automated application process at: https://mxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxx/xxxxxxx.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Milieu Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Posted on:||15 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|