At (COMPANY NAME), we dream of a planet with no food waste!
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 10%. That's how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all the food produced.
As the world's largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. You purchase food through an app, collect locally and enjoy knowing you are saving food, money - and the planet!
Our community of users has saved more than 110 million meals from going to waste across 17 countries, but there's still a lot more we want to achieve.
For us, it's simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we'll be to make a huge difference. That means we're looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team - and that is where you come in:
We are looking for an "Impact Hero" Intern to join our Marketing team for an unpaid internship for at least 2 months.
Sounds like your kind of mission, but what will it entail?
* As our Impact intern, you will be an ambassador of our mission, helping to raise awareness on food waste in Belgium.
* Specifically, you will support the organisation of the Food Waste Fest, the highlight of the food waste year in Belgium.
* You will be responsible for engaging partners in measuring their food waste - the first step to action on food waste.
* You will support other impact projects, including Waste Warrior Brands and the date labelling campaign.
Why you are the Food Waste Warrior we're looking for:
At (COMPANY NAME) you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, or what path you're on, diversity is a strength! (COMPANY NAME) is dedicated to inclusivity & equal employment opportunities and is an affirmative action employer!
We encourage you to bring us your unique skills, passion, perspectives and background to help us with the fight against food waste.
* You are fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus!
* You have a background in CSR, Outreach & Engagement or Communications
* You're looking for an internship of minimum 13 up to 17 weeks to start as soon as possible.
* You are incredibly hands-on and love project management.
* You have experience in food systems & food waste management.
* You represent our movement with passion and can't wait to get out there to make a difference -every day!
* You won the high school science fair and invented a self cleaning raclette machine. Just kidding. But you are the right amount of crazy and you enjoy sharing your quirkiness & talents with your coworkers.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we're proud of the change we're driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
If you still need more convincing…
* This is an amazing and rare opportunity to work in a company where you get to wake up everyday knowing you're ACTUALLY making a positive impact on the world!
* The chance to do an internship where you get a lot of responsibility, we invest in your growth and you work with a kick ass team of highly dedicated people
* A place where we celebrate as hard as we work!
We know what you're thinking… "How can I send in my application?"
Apply in English with your CV and a motivation letter that tells us why we shouldn't want to live without you for a second longer! Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform.
The deadline is "the sooner the better"
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it's only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we're allowed to be ourselves, and we're committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|
|Job duration:||2 months|
|Languages:||English, Dutch, French|