Milieu Consulting is a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law - in fields such as environmental protection, energy, climate change, fundamental rights, justice, home affairs, public health, consumer protection, financial services, agriculture and health and safety. We provide our expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients. Despite having grown rapidly over the years we retain a very informal, collaborative and largely non-hierarchical working environment.
Please visit our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xe to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are looking for a policy trainee, with a background in public policy, economics or other social science field and an interest or experience in one or more of the fields covered by our work. The trainee will work closely with the policy team and be involved in our policy research and analysis activities. This will involve in particular:
* Gathering information and conducting research through desk studies, collection of quantitative data and stakeholder consultation via emails and interviews;
* Supporting project management including communication with partners and external experts and internal/external reporting tasks;
* Supporting the organisation and implementation of project events such as workshops and meetings;
* Supporting the drafting of sections of reports and other deliverables under the supervision of senior team members.
Key qualifications for the position:
* Master's degree or higher in public policy, economics or other relevant discipline;
* Background and experience in European public policy analysis; knowledge of the EU, regional and international regulatory/policy frameworks;
* A sincere interest in public policy and willingness to work across different policy areas as necessary;
* Minimum of one year of prior work experience; focus on research, data collection and management, drafting of reports and/or project management;
* Well- organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
* An independent, self-starter personality;
* Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of other EU languages strongly desirable;
* Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
What you will find at Milieu:
* English as a principal working language;
* A very informal, supportive and collaborative working environment;
* A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
* A strong dedication to public policy;
* Highly professional and a strong commitment to quality in what we do;
* A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 25 nationalities;
* A stimulating working environment;
* A relaxed dress code - except when we are meeting our clients;
* Regular company barbeques, training lunches, weekly yoga classes; and
* Biennial company weekend retreats. (these last 2 to resume when we return to normal working conditions).
The training contract is envisioned for an initial 6 month period - with the possibility of a formal appointment after that time.
Milieu Consulting would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications is 6 February 2022.
Please apply via our automated application process at: https://mxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxx/xxxxxxx.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Milieu Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Posted on:||15 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|