The European Cyclists' Federation (ECF) is looking for a motivated trainee to join its team in Brussels. The chosen individual will be part of the EuroVelo Team and will support the work on communications, website management, social media, and press relations. The trainee will also organise and attend events, support projects, etc.
-The work consists of the following essential activities, for which you should bring the required knowledge/experience:
* Editing, updating and providing content for websites and newsletters;
* Managing and providing content on social media (particularly Facebook and Twitter);
* Answering requests from the public.
-It is desirable that you are also capable of the following activities:
* Working in a communications role (e.g. advocacy, PR, journalism);
* Writing resources and materials for advocacy, political activity, cycling media, voluntary groups etc.;
* Database management;
* Design (Photoshop, etc.);
* Web development.
* Excellent written and spoken French (native-speaker level) and English (proficient). Applications that do not fulfill this requirement will not be considered!;
* Experience with Content Management Systems (editing and updating websites);
* Self-motivated, outcome-oriented, team player;
* Commitment to the aims of ECF, in particular its aims of improving conditions for cycling and of encouraging people to cycle ("more people cycling, more often").
-Additional desirable skills:
* Other languages are an asset (e.g. Dutch or German);
* Web (WordPress, Plone) and social media management (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram…);
* Computer-literate (MS Office, database management, internet tools, social media);
* Managing multiple tasks;
* Strong networking skills (attending events, meetings etc.);
* Able to set own priorities and deliver within agreed timescales;
* Proactive, flexible, hands-on personality;
* Bicycle user for leisure or transport