(COMPANY NAME) (SAR) is an umbrella organisation of environmental NGOs from across Europe that promotes ambitious policies for marine protection at European and international level. We represent over 30 member organisations in 16 different European countries. The SAR Secretariat comprises 12 staff members. We are a diverse team but share a passion for the ocean. We are currently working on different policy areas such as biodiversity, sustainable seafood production, plastic pollution, deep sea mining, clean shipping and renewable energy at sea.
More information at: wxx.xxxx-xx-xxxx.xxx.
Purpose of the job
SAR is seeking a communications intern to support the work of the communication officer of (COMPANY NAME). This internship is expected to last 6 months, with possibility of extension. The successful candidate would ideally start working in September 2021.
* Drafting web news, op-eds, articles, press releases;
* Helping with keeping SAR's website and other campaigns' websites updated. Assisting with the compilation and dissemination of the newsletter;
* Supporting with managing SAR's social media channels (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Linked-in). Live tweeting during events and conferences. Developing social media toolkits. Searching for new photos;
* Assisting with the coordination of communication activities with SAR's members and other NGOs, and with the development of communication products with external contractors;
* Assisting with the organisation of events/online events;
* Providing ideas for the development of communications strategies and communication campaigns;
* Monitoring press articles and compiling the press review, searching for new journalists and keeping the press contact list updated.
Qualification, experience, knowledge
* A university degree in communications, journalism, social media or other relevant fields;
* Excellent analytical and writing skills in English. Any additional EU language is a plus;
* IT skills. Previous experience with WordPress, social media and basic design skills are considered an asset;
* Previous intern or volunteering experience in a relevant sphere, (particularly as writer or proof-reader) and good insight of the functioning of the EU institutions are considered as assets;
* A passion for the ocean and the EU.
* Excellent communicator;
* Team player and able to work independently as well;
* Output oriented;
* Commitment to quality;
* Strong organisational ability and time management skills;
What we offer
(COMPANY NAME) offers:
* An opportunity to acquire practical experience in a professional and international working environment, with supervision by experienced (COMPANY NAME) staff members;
* An exciting experience with working in an environmental NGO in Brussels;
* The opportunity to learn about marine topics in a European Union policy setting and gain a more in-depth knowledge of how EU institutions work;
* A fixed monthly compensation of 8xx - xxx0 euros depending on experience.
How to apply
Send a letter explaining your motivation and how you meet the internship requirements, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'Communication intern' in the subject line followed by your name and surname. Please also include 2 samples of articles, blogs or Facebook posts that you have recently written.
Deadline for applications: 27 June 2021.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding
|Posted on:||08 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|