Communications, Programme and Research Assistant (CIP)
EBS - European Business Summit
Experience: Minimum 1 year
Contract: CIP paid internship (6 months)
Job location: Place Flagey, Brussels
Starting date: as soon as possible
About the European Business Summits
The European Business Summits is the largest and most influential debating and networking platform in Brussels. Its main goal is to bring business and politics together and to stimulate thinking on the most challenging European issues. Through its events and publications, EBS delivers an inspired and informed contribution to policy-making in Europe. Are you interested in Communications and have an aptitude to learn new things quickly? Do you have experience in social media, online marketing, and press relations? If the answer is yes, we look forward to hearing from you!
To find out more about what we do, visit our website: https://exxxxxxxx.xx.
About the position: Main responsibilities
* Assisting in the execution of tasks for EU-funded projects including copywriting for website and blogs, social media writing, writing press releases and editing where required;
* Assisting the Communications and Research Manager with administrative tasks such as minute-taking, and monitoring content calendar;
* Assisting in the development of the EBS Research Hub including searching for new grant opportunities;
* Reaching out to high-level policymakers for advocacy meetings;
* Assisting the EBS programme department, under the supervision of the EBS Director General in both the planning and executing process;
* Assisting in the research of EBS content, including identifying EBS speakers, conference topics and sessions;
* Assisting in the planning and execution process including creating and updating relevant documents and timelines as well as coordinating the logistics for the speakers;
* Coordinating requests for information from internal and external partners;
* Disseminating relevant information, including updates to partners in a timely manner;
* Developing strong relationships and dialogue between EBS and think tanks, NGOs and academia;
* Present progress concerning the speakers, topics and sessions to EBS Steering Committee and the Board of Directors;
* Live tweeting at events;
* Assisting in writing copy for EBS social media, mass mailings and website;
* Other duties as requested.
What we are looking for
* Minimum 1 year of previous work experience or internship in communications, marketing or other related discipline;
* Educational background in European affairs, political science, law or similar;
* Professional level written and spoken English, good knowledge of French is an asset;
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, a true team player;
* Positive attitude and outlook with the ability to combine creative and administrative work efficiently.
To apply please send your CV, a short cover letter and 1 reference to Ms Raquel Riff, firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 February 2021, mentioning in the subject line "Application - Comms, Programme and Research Assistant". Early applicants may be interviewed before the ending date of this posting.
As we generally receive a large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||12 months|