Policy & Advocacy Intern
Internship period: August 2021 - January 2022 (6 months)
Location: (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat, Brussels. Due to Belgian rules, we regret not to be able to open this position to non-EU citizens.
Remuneration: Our interns receive a monthly standard remuneration (estimated EUR800 + local public transport cost of EUR49/month).
(COMPANY NAME) is an international non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, which promotes the well-being and rights of children and young people at the European level and, through its membership, in the European countries. We are supported financially by the European Commission.
We are looking for an intern to assist in the development and implementation of (COMPANY NAME) policy priorities, which currently include political advocacy on eradicating child poverty, promoting well-being and mainstreaming of children's rights in all EU processes. For further information on our advocacy goals please see (COMPANY NAME)'s recently adopted Strategic Plan 2xxx-x1.
* Support policy and advocacy team in its work on priorities highlighted above;
* Monitor developments of European and international policies regarding children's rights and well-being and report to the policy and advocacy team;
* Carry out research tasks as required to support ongoing projects;
* Support (COMPANY NAME) working structures (including drafting documents, organising meetings, coordinating inputs, etc.);
* Assist in the preparation and follow-up of relevant events.
* University degree or relevant experience in children's rights and well-being/social sciences/political sciences/EU policies;
* Good understanding of European social policy;
* Good research skills and understanding of political advocacy at the EU level;
* Excellent spoken and written English; other EU languages are an asset;
* Flexibility and readiness to work in a small, interdependent and international team;
* National-level experience in one of the (COMPANY NAME) priority areas is a strong asset.
Are you interested?
Please complete this online form in English, add your CV (pdf) and submit.
Deadline for applications: Friday 26 June 2021, midnight (CEST).
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited to interviews the week of 12 July (via Skype). The selection process will include a written exercise to be completed prior to the interview. If selected for an interview you will be notified and sent the exercise ahead of the interview in due course. The successful candidate is expected to start in August 2021. If you are not contacted by us by 12 July, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. We thank you for your interest in (COMPANY NAME) and wish you every success in your future.
Confidentiality: All information given upon application will be treated in a confidential manner and according to (COMPANY NAME)'s privacy policies. By submitting your CV you agree that (COMPANY NAME) can contact the references provided.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer. We are guided by the principle of non-discrimination on any ground, and we apply such principle in our day-to-day operations and in our employment practices
|Posted on:||08 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|