Get to Know the Business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world's most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the Role
AIG's summer interns are immersed in the day-to-day operations of a fast-moving, global insurance company. You will gain valuable, hands-on experience and insurance industry knowledge during the 10-week program. As a summer intern you will work side-by-side with industry leaders on dynamic projects, with ample opportunity for challenges, learning and achievement.
After initial orientation and training, summer interns will join one of our business lines, which offer a unique opportunity to obtain core technical knowledge and professional skills in a diverse and global environment. In addition to the experience acquired on the job, summer interns have the opportunity to hear directly from senior management, and participate in webinars, discussion forums and networking receptions.
Due to Bermuda immigration requirements, it is mandatory that you hold a legal right to work in Bermuda (Bermudian, Spouse of Bermudian, or PRC) at time of application.
What You Need to Know:
Operations Intern will assist the Operations non-proportional and proportional teams in their daily duties. This will include liaising directly with clients, underwriters and staff at all levels.
* Assisting with the Operational Verification review process
* Assisting with the confirmation and processing of Final Premium Adjustments
* Assisting with cashbook management, cash allocation and payments processing
* Assisting with receivables management and investigation of anomalous items, follow up on overdue items
* Assisting with the management of designated broker groups and running of premium installments
* Assisting with the management of proportional contracts in our reinsurance accounting system
* Assisting in the management of the pro rata cash allocation process and highlighting problematic items
* Assisting in the management and maintenance of our underwriting system including quality review of information in the underwriting system
* Other duties as requested
What We're Looking For:
* A GCSE or equivalent and relevant experience may be qualifying, enrollment in a business-related university program with progress towards a bachelor's degree
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Proven organizational and timekeeping skills and a strong sense of attention to detail are essential
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills language; i.e. a thorough command of the English language; including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
* The ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients and colleagues, and to exercise discretion and confidentiality in all matters
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://wxx.xxx.xxx/xxxxx-xx/xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxxxn
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Functional Area:TH - Other
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
|Posted on:||17 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||2 months|