4 month Internship starting in May 2022
Working in liaison with the various Business Units, Resources (credit/operations) functions and other departments of the SG Group, the Compliance Department provides assistance on regulatory and compliance matters, such as: Drawing up policies, principles and procedures aimed at meeting the demands of regulatory authorities in Canada in the area of Compliance so that customer interests and the Group's reputation can be protected.
Ensuring the observance of the laws and regulations applicable in terms of conduct of business rules by SG Canadian entities that provide corporate financing and investment services. Proposing rules and procedures designed to ensure the fulfillment of obligations with regard to combating the laundering of capital originating from drug trafficking and organized crime, and the financing of terrorist organizations, in accordance with prevailing laws.
Ensuring the observance of personal ethics rules applicable to all employees located in Canada. Particularly, the market activities surveillance team.
Your day to day mission :
- Perfom data reconciliation in relation to market activities.
- Maintain filing system for current files and archiving of documents, projects and communications of the market activities team.
- Track and maintain records of emails, communications and follow-ups on compliance files .
- Provide administrative support to the team when required.
- Work in close cooperation with other members of the Compliance Department.
- Perform other related tasks
Education and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor 2nd or 3rd year in management, business administration or in a field relevant to the position. Master degree would be a plus.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (in-depth knowledge in Excel is a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communication (French and English)
- Critical/ analytical thinking
- Strong intellectual curiosity: interest in the banking sector, interest in technology,
- Team spirit / sense of responsibility
- Problem solving skills,
- Attentive to details,
- Organizational skills
- Autonomy / initiative
- Must be able to multi-task
|Posted on:||24 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|
|Job duration:||4 months|