4 month internship starting in May 2022
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Information Technology Department ("ITEC") has worldwide responsibility for supplying Global Banking and Investor Solutions ("GBIS") various divisions with all the IT resources necessary for them to function under competitive conditions in terms of technological standards, service quality and cost. ITEC is composed of talented professionals who every day translates ideas into action by combining the strength of our expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking. Our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve (COMPANY NAME)'s clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well-controlled, high quality and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise. ITEC is responsible for facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment.
* Responsibility includes software releases, configuration and support of all production system components and infrastructure.
* Support, develop and maintain software applications, build systems, own related processes and deliver frequent releases with high quality.
* Troubleshoot technical or functional issues in a complex financial environment to provide timely resolution, with various applications and platforms that are global.
* Develop applications to automate manual operational tasks as well as build custom real-time monitoring tools and reports.
* Extensive interaction is expected with traders, sales, supports and quants.
* Gaining in-depth exposure to both the business and technology aspects of equity derivatives business.
* Bring a passion to stay on top of DevOps trends, experiment with and learn new CD technologies.
* Bring ideas to innovate stacks
Skills and Education
* Undergraduate degree or Master degree in Computer Science or related concentration
* Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated
* Ability to solve problems with a keen eye for details
* A strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to the team.
* Bilingual, French and English
* Good analytical skills
* Self-directed, independent and comfortable in a fast paced environments.
* Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to achieve desired outcome
Desired / Plus:
* Knowledge on Capital Market and Investment Banking Activities.
Technical Skills required :
* Good programming background in a structured, object-oriented language (Java, C#, etc.)
* Good knowledge of Spring framework
* Good knowledge of Front-end languages (AngularJS, Angular, React, etc.)
* Comfortable working on UNIX / Linux (Sysadmin, Shell Scripting, etc.) and Windows environments.
* Good knowledge of relational databases, excellent SQL skills.
* Understanding of the Agile and Continuous delivery.
* Experience with one or more: Source control management systems (GIT); Dependency management tools (Maven), Unit testing (JUnit), Code quality (Sonar), Continuous integration (Jenkins, XLDeploy) Virtual container (Docker EE), Object-relational mapping (Hibernate) and Automated acceptance testing (Cucumber).
Desired / Plus:
* Good programming background in scripting language (Bash, Python, etc.)
* Knowledge of FIX and other order/rfq/trading protocols.
* Understanding MQ Series or TIBCO middleware technologies
|Posted on:||24 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|
|Job duration:||4 months|