Location: Halifax, Canada
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on (COMPANY NAME). (COMPANY NAME) is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
The Assistant Maintenance Coordinator Intern provides administrative and coordination support to the Service Delivery team throughout all phases of a Work Period. Directly supporting: Ship Maintenance Leads; Maintenance Coordinators; and the broader Service Delivery team. The Assistant Maintenance Coordinator Intern ensures the (COMPANY NAME) contracted Technical Support Network (TSN) has all the necessary documentation and materials to complete their designated maintenance tasks. The Assistant Maintenance Coordinator Intern assists the Maintenance Coordinators with collating all Work period Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) including safety inspections and completed Job Tickets.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Provision of general project support and administration activities to the Service Delivery Team;
* Supporting compiling Work Item closure reports, ensuring completeness and accuracy, and entering into the designated project tool for Work Item closure;
* Supporting the generation and managing documentation and reports in various formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as and when required in support of the Service Delivery Team;
* Ensuring Subcontracted service providers have the necessary paperwork and materials to complete designated maintenance tasks;
* Attending meetings and preparing meeting agendas and minutes;
* Supporting the generation of purchase requisitions for Suppliers and Subcontracted Services, maintaining purchase orders and ensuring the efficient financial closure of Subcontracts on behalf of the Service Delivery and Procurement teams;
* Ensuring service provider records are complete and up to date;
* Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety requirements;
* Assisting the Service Delivery team with keeping accurate and timely records; and
* Other tasks as required.
* Pursuing a Post-Secondary Education
* Experienced working in a marine or industrial environment,
* Strong computer literacy, with proven experience with Microsoft products especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential.
* Experience interfacing between various internal/external stakeholders
* Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
* Experience within procurement, project management or warehouse environments desirable
* Previous experience working within the Military or a Defense Contract or Project desirable
* Experience with the Defense Resource Management Information System (DRMIS), or comparable document management system is advantageous
* Experience working in SAP, or comparable Enterprise Resource Planning or Asset Management software is advantageous
* Tertiary education in an Engineering or Business/Project Management related field is preferred.
Predominantly working onsite in the Naval Dockyard and onboard Naval Vessels, will also be required to work from the office or from home.
Will be required to undertake inspections, including confined space entry, on Naval ships involving bending and twisting. Tasks may also requiring working at heights.
Must meet all federal government requirements to access Canadian government facilities, including naval dockyards
* Requires direct or indirect access to hardware, software, technology or technical data controlled under the Canadian Export Control List, the ITAR or the EAR
* Requires a positive Controlled Goods assessment as you will have direct access to hardware, software, technology or technical data controlled under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
* Required to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at the NATO Secret Level
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. (COMPANY NAME) is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience
|Posted on:||25 Jan 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|