There's never been a more exciting time to work for (COMPANY NAME).
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Sustainable Workplaces is charging ahead with a new mission! At GM Environmental, we are geared towards developing creative solutions to environmental challenges. The Environmental Engineering Intern will develop an understanding of environmental compliance in large automotive manufacturing and non-manufacturing operations. Also, the intern will drive sustainable initiatives, as you work closely with the facility Environmental Engineers implementing projects in water, waste, and air programs. It's never been a more exciting time to join the Sustainable Workplaces team!
(COMPANY NAME) Corporation is committed to protecting human health and the environment, and driving its continuous improvement. Join our environmental team to gain experience in support of maintaining compliance, implementing best-practices, work standardization, and training across a multitude of GM non-manufacturing sites! This includes technical research and design, administration, parts distribution, and training facilities. The position is located primarily at GM Canadian Headquarters (CHQ) in Oshawa with visits to Markham and Woodstock several times a month, and periodic travel to other GM sites across Canada.
Also, the successful candidate will work on sustainability and community development work at GM non-manufacturing sites.
Learn more about our Canadian operations, and GM's sustainability initiatives here:
Additional Job Description
* Support environmental compliance related to operations at each of GM Canada's non-manufacturing sites which includes storm water management, air emissions, spill prevention, and waste management/recycling programs
* Support Facility Environmental Support initiatives at non-manufacturing sites
* Plan and lead employee engagement campaigns at GM Canada's non-manufacturing sites (Earth Week, Waste Reduction Week, World Environment Day, etc)
* Lead sustainability initiatives at GM Canada's non-manufacturing sites related to GM's 2020 Manufacturing Commitments
* Enrolled in an Environmental, Chemical, Civil, or Materials Engineering degree Co-Op program
* In your 3rd or 4th year of study, and must be eligible to work full-time (40 hours per week) in Canada for 16 months work term (4 consecutive semesters) starting May 2021
* Must have valid full G Canadian driver's license, your own vehicle, and the ability to travel to various GM Canadian facilities across Canada
* Proven self-starter for continuous improvement and innovation
* Knowledge and understanding of ISO 1xxx1 and environmental legislation
* Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
* Highly adaptable and able to work independently and in a team environment
* Digital literacy including solid understanding of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Bilingual, with proficiency in French language would be an asset
* Past experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment is an asset
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||9 months|