JTI-Macdonald Corp., established in 1858, is one of Canada's oldest and leading tobacco companies employing approximately 500 employees across the country with the headquarters in Mississauga (Ontario), manufacturing facilities in Montreal (Quebec) and sales offices across the country.
JTI Canada is a member of Japan Tobacco International (JTI) producers of some of the worlds most recognizable tobacco brands. For the sixth consecutive year, we have been certified as a Top Employer ranked #3 in Canada and #1 in North America for 2023. In addition, JTI was certified a Global Top Employer for the ninth consecutive year among only 15 other Global Top Employers.
JTI is a leading international tobacco and vaping company, with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland and an international workforce of 48,000 employees. Our world-renowned brands are available in over 130 markets. Though the tobacco industry is changing, JTI remains committed to provide adult consumers with a choice of a wide portfolio of quality products including those with the potential to reduce the risks associated with smoking.
As a Sales trainee, it is the first step into your learning and development at JTI-Macdonald Corp. The Sales trainee helps develop JTI-Macdonald Corp. market share and volume within his/her territory of organized retail convenience chains. Core responsibilities include: educating and engaging the trade, activating trade programs, optimizing product mix and ensuring optimal product quality/freshness, core brand distribution and inventory levels as well as timely and accurate collection of store level data.
* While in the role, continuously learn through on the job training and regular communication with the Sales Manager who will provide ongoing support for the length of the trainee program
* Educate the trade to resell JTI-MC products through proper communication of brand attributes and use of trade support tools developed by the Sales and Marketing group and the implementation of all retail initiatives assigned by the District Sales Manager
* Activate retail programs and product launches to maximize results and return on investment, while ensuring compliance and effective execution
* Engage the organized retail convenience chain staff in conversations regarding their business and general industry trends with the goal of building strong rapport for JTI-MC
* Optimize product distribution, inventory levels and space allocation within a predefined territory
* Monitor and accurately report compliance of all organized retail convenience chain agreements in his/her territory while maintaining proper account information
* Present a professional image, create and maintain a good business rapport with all customers in line with JTI Corporate guidelines and code of conduct
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strength in negotiating
* A willingness to regularly communicate feedback to the Sales Manager
* A full valid license is required [Tool of the Trade (company vehicle) will be included]
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision
* Post-secondary education and/or previous sales experience are considered assets
* Solid knowledge and skill level with Microsoft Office products
* Must be a full-time student and 18 years old
JTI-Macdonald Corp. is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Please note that candidates must be duly authorized to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those invited for an interview will be contacted
|Posted on:||18 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|