This position will be temporarily vacant for a period of three months.
This position is located in the Office of the Secretary of the Commission of ECLAC.
The Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean is one of the five regional Commissions of the (COMPANY NAME). It was founded in 1948 with the purpose of contributing to the region's economic and social development. Its mission includes the design, monitoring and evaluation of public policies and the provision of advisory services, expertise and training to Governments, as well as support for regional and international cooperation and coordination activities. ECLAC's role as a regional development arm of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is to support its membership, through its analytical, normative and technical cooperation, to respond to the development priorities and changing needs of the Latin America and Caribbean region. Please visit our website at wxx.xxxxx.xxg for further information.
The Protocol Assistant will contribute with the work of the Office of the Secretary of the Commission and on the implementation of the programme of work and will be responsible for the following duties.
* Maintains and updates files (electronic and paper) and internal databases (governments, (COMPANY NAME) funds and programmes, intergovernmental organizations and civil society).
* Reviews and maintains the Mission's Protocol and VIP lists;
* Identifies the organizational requirements for conferences and meetings and assists in the preparation of documentation and reports for these meetings.
* Provides support in organising meetings for major events, liaising with government officials and delegation representatives, briefing on accreditation and access issues; as well as arranging and coordinating special needs and requests of visiting dignitaries;
* Assists in liaising with specialized agencies and inter-governmental organizations including providing information on accreditation procedures and access and information on Host Country requirements;
* Supports the operation of accreditation centres away from Mission HQ in support of Summits and Conferences;
* Keeps inform the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the appointment/transfer/separation of staff members and their family members, consultants, interns and identifies and resolves various issues/problems in matters dealing with their legal status in the country;
* Participates and contributes to briefings about protocol matters and local customs to newly arrived Protocol personnel;
* Drafts routine correspondence (congratulations, condolences, apologies, invitations) for signature;
* Performs other related work as required.
* Professionalism: Knowledge of protocol policies, procedures and practices of international organizations; knowledge of the structure of international organizations including the status of all intergovernmental bodies; understanding of the sensitivities involved in dealing with member states and other stake holders, including also senior officials of international organizations and diplomatic community. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
* Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
* Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
NOTE: For positions in the General Service category, candidates are required to clearly indicate in their PHPs relevant information confirming completion of High School.
A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in protocol services, events management or related areas is required.
Experience in registration for conference participants and in organizing high level social events, in person or online is desirable.
Experience working with word processing, spreadsheets, and relevant software packages, as well as in providing administrative support is desirable.
Knowledge on the work of ECLAC's Subsidiary Bodies and Intergovernmental Meetings is highly desirable.
Experience working with organizations of the civil society would be an asset.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in Spanish and English, oral and written, is required; knowledge of French language is desirable. Knowledge of another official (COMPANY NAME) language is an advantage.
NOTE: ''Fluency'' equals a rating of ''fluent'' in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and ''intermediate knowledge'' equals a rating of ''confident'' in two of the four areas.
Applicants will be assessed based on the information provided in their PHPs. Short-listed applicants might be contact by the Hiring Manager for further assessment.
- This position will be temporarily vacant for a period of three months.
- While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
- Appointment for positions in the General Service category is done on a local basis. Applicants shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of the office, irrespective of nationality and length of time the candidate may have been in the country. Applicants will be responsible for any expenses incurred in taking the relevant examinations at the duty station, and of any costs related to traveling and relocating to the duty station in the event of an employment offer.
- A current staff member who holds a fixed-term, permanent or continuing appointment may apply for temporary positions no more than one level above his or her current grade.
- A staff member holding a temporary appointment in the General Service or related categories may only apply to positions within those categories. For full information on eligibility requirements, please refer to section 5 of ST/AI/2010/4Rev.1 on Temporary Appointments.
- Upon separation from service, including, but not limited to, expiration or termination of, or resignation from, a fixed-term, continuing or permanent appointment, a former staff member will be ineligible for re-employment on the basis of a temporary appointment for a period of 31 days following the separation. In the case of separation from service on retirement, a former staff member will be ineligible for re-employment for a period of three months following the separation. This equally applies, mutatis mutandis, with respect to a former or current staff member who has held or holds an appointment in another entity applying the (COMPANY NAME) Staff Regulations and Rules and who applies for a temporary position with the Secretariat.
- The expression "Internal candidates", shall mean staff members who have been recruited after a competitive examination under staff rule 4.16 or after the advice of a central review body under staff rule 4.15. Please note that candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter as well as the requirements of the position.
- The (COMPANY NAME) is committed to the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for all its human resources, including but not limited to respect for international human rights and humanitarian law. Candidates may be subject to screening against these standards, including but not limited to whether they have committed, or are alleged to have committed criminal offences and/or violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Posted on:||17 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||3 months|
|Languages:||English, French, Spanish|