The internship in the Human Resources Section, Santiago will last 3 to 6 months, depending on the needs of the Office. Candidates may be selected throughout the posting period, on an "as-needed" basis.
The intern will be under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Human Resources Section.
The Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean is one of the five regional Commissions of the (COMPANY NAME). It was founded in 1948 with the purpose of contributing to the region's economic and social development. Its mission includes the design, monitoring and evaluation of public policies and the provision of advisory services, expertise and training to Governments, as well as support for regional and international cooperation and coordination activities. Please visit our website at wxx.xxxxx.xxg for further information.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background and the needs of the Human Resources Section during the period of internship.
Duties may include:
* Prepare automated data reporting templates, dashboards, graphs and charts for the Senior Leadership Support Team based on master databases.
* Collaborate with other teams to connect data points and support deeper/multi-angle analysis.
* Develop data modelling and analytics, and data visualization products for the Senior Leadership Support Team.
* Examine and provide analysis on the trends and patterns of the performance and rebuttal cases by reviewing, interpreting and analyzing the data.
* Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases systems.
* Assist in processing, cleansing, and maintaining the integrity of data.
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
* Contribute to communication products requiring data analytics/visualization.
* Develop ad-hoc data/report requests.
* Perform any other relevant duties assigned.
* Professionalism: Ability to present data and data analysis in an easily comprehensible way to a range of people; Ability to detect irregularities in databases, extract trends from raw data and look at the data in innovative ways; Ability to draw data from multiple sources and consolidate it for our analysis; Ability to work comfortably with raw data, analyze data effectively, interpret analytical results and communicate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences; Creative, highly organized, and keen eyes for detail; Ability to work in a diverse environment with staff from different backgrounds and levels of seniority; Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
* Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
* Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent).
- For this internship, studies in the areas of computer science, math, statistics, data analytics or related fields is desirable.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
Experience with Data Visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau is desirable.
Quantitative research experience is desirable.
Proven experience dealing with confidential, sensitive information/case with discretion and tact is desirable.
Graphic design experience is desirable
Experience with data analysis in the context of human resources administration is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For this internship fluency in English and Spanish is required. Knowledge of another UN official language would be an asset.
NOTE: ''Advanced level'' equals a rating of ''fluent'' in all four areas (speak, read,write, and understand) and ''Intermediate level'' equals a rating of ''confident'' in two of the four areas. Knowledge of the second language (English/Spanish) will be tested, unless it can be supported by a certificate from a recognized institution.
Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Interns are expected to work on a full-time basis (work five days per week; 35 hours) in the Division/Section to which they are assigned, but they may undertake flexible working arrangements, subject to certain conditions.
The internship is UNPAID. All costs of travel and accommodation, including living expenses, must be covered by the intern or any relevant sponsoring institution.
Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions at the professional level and above for a period of six months following the end of their internship.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The Cover Note must include:
- Degree programme (What are you currently studying or what have you studied ?)
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references. Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted. Applicants are encouraged to apply for internships which relate directly to their studies and/or skills and expertise. Applicants are asked to please indicate preferences which best match his/her suitability and do so carefully in order to enhance the value of the internship for both the intern and the receiving UN department.
A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the (COMPANY NAME). An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this instruction, "child" means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member's spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). "Sibling" includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Posted on:||11 Aug 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Languages:||English, French, Spanish|