GPU SM architect - performance/functional modeling, validation and analysis of shader unit.
(COMPANY NAME)'s GPUs and SOCs are world leaders in performance and efficiency, and the SM (Streaming Multi-processor, or the shader unit) is the core of its gigantic processing power. The SM architects define, design and implement the state of the art SM architecture powering next generation GPU. They proactively solve challenging technical problems and prudently make design trade-offs between performance, power and cost, to deliver the best result.
What you will be doing:
* Investigate and propose architecture ideas based on quantitative study of existing and projected SM architecture.
* Develop performance and functional simulation models.
* Develop performance and functional testplan and tests to validate new SM architectural and features.
* Test and debug on simulators, RTL and real silicon.
What we need to see:
* A good degree from a leading university in an engineering or computer science related discipline (BS is must ; MS preferred)