Internship: Onsite full time for 3 months in Beijing. Open to university juniors, seniors and graduate students.
We are looking for someone who loves languages and technology, is proficient in English and is a native, fluent speaker in Mandarin.
We validate voice recordings and contribute phonetic and other linguistic input to train our speech and language models. Example projects include validating speech training data, working on our pronunciation dictionaries, phonetic transcriptions, data curation for ASR, and other work required to support the training of all our models. There also may be project coordination, Unix and Python scripting tasks available to candidates that demonstrate sufficient proficiency (all related to our language and linguistic work).
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of best practices and procedures.
You Must Be:
- Native and fluent in Mandarin (written, verbal and grammar)
- Trained in language studies or linguistics or have equivalent experience
- Extremely focused and enjoy completing detailed, repetitive data quality verification tasks daily, at a very high quality level
- Flexible and collaborative, but you can also work independently and enjoy taking on new tasks
- Accountable. You take 100% ownership with an extremely high attention to detail and follow through
- Intrigued by language and science, and the possibilities created when these two things meet
It's Beneficial If You:
- Have experience as a data evaluator or have worked with training data for machine learning
- Have data curation, data quality or software QA experience
- Have Unix, Python or C++ or other programming experience
- Have project management/coordination experience
- Are experienced with Google Docs, Excel and Jira
- Are a music lover and enjoy solving puzzles!
- Submit a cover letter
(COMPANY NAME) Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our consumer product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning™ and Deep Meaning Understanding™ technologies to create a groundbreaking smartphone experience, and is the first product to build on the Houndify platform. Our (COMPANY NAME) product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. Through the Houndify platform and Collective AI, we aim to bring voice-enabled AI to everyone and enable others to build on top of it. Our mission: Houndify everything