Are you a university student interested in international relations? Is a working experience part of your course? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in China?
Traineeships of up to 6 months within the following sections of the EU Delegation to China, starting in March 2022:
Under the supervision and mentoring of a Trainees' supervisers, these compulsory traineeships will provide a solid and meaningful learning content, notably by the prior identification of the specific skills to be acquired in relation with the studies of the candidates.
Political Section, Acronym: POL
Press and Information Sector, Acronym: P&I
Trade and Investment Section, Acronym: TRADE
Agricultural & Santé Section, Acronym: AGRI
Communication Networks, Content and Technology Section, Acronym: CNCT
Science & Technology Section, Acronym: RTD
Environment, Climate, Mare, Move and Energy Section, Acronym: ENV
Economic & Finance Section, Acronym: ECFIN
International Partnership, Acronym: INTPA
* Research and analyse of information;
* Draft press digests and information bulletins, analytical reports on various policy developments in China;
* Update the Delegation's social media platforms;
* Attend and participate in meetings, cultural and visibility events, seminars and conferences in Beijing;
* Support the Delegation in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings as well as follow-up actions
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
* Proficient in English
* Sound communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a team
* High degree of responsibility and discretion
* EU citizens, students that shall already be residing and studying in China, must hold / obtain a proper visa, before the traineeship starts, allowing them to participate in the traineeship in the Delegation
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
* A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
* a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
* a University letter requesting a compulsory traineeship
* and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - FAMILY NAME - NAME - Acronym of Section
(you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a compulsory traineeships (Article 9 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 - Unpaid compulsory traineeships for students already residing and studying in the host country).
All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation and living expenses must be borne by either the trainee or the University.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates who are already residing in the country of assignment must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeship can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the current sanitary situation and its effects on traineeship possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|