Requisition ID: 2xxxx0
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
(COMPANY NAME) User Enablement - Language Experience Lab (LX Lab) is responsible for translating all (COMPANY NAME) products worldwide, including Corporate Content collateral and Global Marketing. Language Experience outsources the majority of its translation work to small and midsize translation service providers (also known as Language Suppliers). Internal (COMPANY NAME) employees at Language Experience support this outsourcing strategy by providing a range of technical infrastructure and tools, planning information, quality guideline, and monitoring to enable Language Suppliers worldwide to deliver translation of nearly 40 languages.
We are looking one (1) undergraduate or post graduate student that would like to learn about and gain localization experiences through internship program at (COMPANY NAME). The internship would last 6 months, as minimum, with option to extend to one (1) year.
In your role, you will be working to provide operational support within translation delivery teams. The teams in China handle translation requests of software User Interface and documentation for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Business Suites, (COMPANY NAME) Cloud Platform (SCP) Apps, Digital Supply Chain, IoT, Small & Medium-size Enterprises (SME), as well as S/4HANA Business Configuration Contents, etc. The service teams are located at major hubs in Canada, China, Germany, Ireland and Japan. You will work closely with the teams in China, Germany, and Japan. In addition, you may have project-based opportunity to cooperate with Language Experience colleagues worldwide.
* Learn (COMPANY NAME) software localization process - focusing on languages
* Support daily work of languages production and delivery, as well as, processes simplification and automation
* Create and/or maintain process documentation related to production, delivery, and maintenance of languages
* Monitor and dispatch language related issues reported through central repository system by (COMPANY NAME) customers or (COMPANY NAME) internal product development teams to responsible internal colleagues located in major hubs
* Monitor and process queries reported through central repository system by (COMPANY NAME) language suppliers worldwide
* Learn to monitor and process network connectivity and provide backup support - On Demand
* Business level oral and written communication skills in English
* Good MS Office-skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
* Presence of at least 4 days per week in office needed, preferably Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
* Team work spirit
* Fast learner and strong customer centric attitude
* Have high sense of responsibility and be detail oriented
* Agile, good at doing research, can solve problems alone
* Self-organized, can finish daily assignment without reminders
* Experience on SDL Trados Studio is a plus.
* Experience on Simplified Chinese translation and quality review is a plus.
* Be patient, have strong interest in tasks which need many kinds of skills (interaction, logical thinking, solution design, customer support, Etc.).
* Not looking for a pure technical job such as programmer.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own. A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org or Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, APJ: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Intern, ERP, Programmer, Product Development, Cloud, Entry Level, Technology, Research
|Posted on:||11 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|