Requisition ID: 2xxxx2
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The Market Development Representative is responsible for supporting (COMPANY NAME) Concur Sales departments through lead generation or new prospects. This includes qualification of all inbound and outbound leads via the phone, web, email, corporate events and direct mail campaigns. The Market Development Representative is also responsible for proactive lead generation. The Market Development reps reports to the Marketing Manager.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
* Proactively call into accounts based on targeted lists by utilizing and maintaining corporate database. Qualify inbound and outbound leads.
* Participate in the first 1-2 months of the sales cycle by building relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts, identifying their project needs and business issues.
* Overcome objections and effectively communicate Concur's value propositions to key decision makers regarding appropriate Concur product offerings.
* Build customer discovery based on information obtained from targeted prospects to support the value proposition of Concur products.
* Transfer qualityleads to sales executives for follow-up and formal sales presentation.
* Maintain strong relationship with sales team through clear communication and follow-up.
* Maintain up to date good knowledge on all Concur product offerings through participation in product demonstrations, meetings and marketing materials.
* Stay current on industry trends and maintain extensive knowledge of competitor's product offerings.
* Achieve quarterly lead generation goals set by sales and marketing. .
* Actively participate in the innovation of new techniques and strategies for securing new accounts.
* Participate on projects teams as needed to support Sales and Marketing initiatives.
* Operates with autonomy and self-starter attitude with regular cadences of reviews of work.
* Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Must be a current University student of Marketing & Business Administration or related.
* Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
* Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, and have high energy.
* Must be motivated by cold calling, asking probing questions and gathering information.
* Must be a team player with strong initiative, excellent PC skills and ability to quickly build extensive knowledge of Concur's product offerings and that of competitors.
* Critical Performance Competencies:
* Must be able to process information gathered quickly and effectively to overcome objections.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Able to work aggressively to meet customer and marketing/sales driven deadlines.
* Value Competencies:
* Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
* Displays passion to develop a path in sales/customer areas
* Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
* Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
* Displays a relentless commitment to win
* Displays personal & corporate integrity
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own. A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org or Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, APJ: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Intern, Developer, ERP, (COMPANY NAME), Database, Entry Level, Technology