(COMPANY NAME) is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry.
We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
We are looking for a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineer focusing on vehicle aerodynamics and cooling systems.
As a CFD Engineer you will work on a wide range of development processes inside the Virtual analysis CFD group. In this role you will be responsible from initial geometry preparation and optimization, generation of surface and volume mesh, carrying out the CFD analysis, to post-processing and validation of the results through different experimental methods. You will interact with multiple departments in order to develop, improve and optimize the performance of sub-systems and full vehicle level.
For this position you must be passionate about physics and code development, but also you should be passionate about cars, technology and solving of complex engineering problems.
* Build and prepare detailed CFD models, from geometry to surface and volume mesh
* Perform advanced CFD analysis in order to evaluate and enhance vehicle aerodynamics and cooling systems
* Analyse and optimize the performance of sub-system and full vehicle level
* Develop and apply new models, methodologies, optimisation and correlation processes
* Collect and analyze the data, both numerical and experimental
* Suggest improvements on design, processes and methodologies
* Write technical reports, prepare presentations, organize meetings and communicate results
* Experience in automotive aerodynamics and CFD simulations (Working experience/Internships/ Projects/ Racing Teams)
* Experience in CFD analysis: vehicle aerodynamics, cooling system-thermal analysis
* Applied experience in OpenFOAM
* A strong grasp of fluid dynamics, heat transfer
* Additional experience in ANSYS, HyperWorks
* Good communication and organization skills
* Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
3. Considered as an advantage
* CAD knowledge (3D Experience/CATIA - preferable)
* Previous experience in HyperMesh, ANSA
* Good programming skills and previous experience with C++, MATLAB, Python, Linux
4. What we offer
* The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
* Family-like and open work environment
* Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
* Competitive compensation package
* Financial support for accommodation and transportation
* Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.
Job Segment: Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, ERP, Drafting, Engineering, Technology